Gothic Letter Opener

Made out of 1/4" Walnut , soaked in Lemon oil over-night and set up to day . This picture shown has no finish on it , but later I applyed two coats Lacquer finish and it was a big hit with family members ...Pattern came from Steve Good's web-site { A great Pattern maker } ....:thumb:

Attachments

• LETTER OPENER - GOTHIC12-10-201034 (Small).JPG
    LETTER OPENER - GOTHIC12-10-201034 (Small).JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 69
Very nice work and an interesting pattern.
Your lacquer over lemon oil is a new one on me. I'm wondering if the oil might surface and discolor the lacquer. :dunno: Is this a method you use often?

I like it! What a neat idea, looks like it turned out well.

I'm curious as well about the soaking in lemon oil? Never heard that one before. :huh:

Very nice work and an interesting pattern.
Your lacquer over lemon oil is a new one on me. I'm wondering if the oil might surface and discolor the lacquer. :dunno: Is this a method you use often?

Frank this is the way that I say Steve Good do it and I'm not sure about discolor . But I did try Poly spray on it first and it would not stick to the surface of the Letter Opener ........I can say the the lemon oil really did have an affect on the look of the walnut - it seemed to give it more life and luster ....... :type: