A sad day in our home

Jim Burr

A childhood friend and my sisters best pal for life died today after a long and hard battle with multiple organ failure. We'd hoped...but kept in the back of our minds that things would go bad. I've worked on several patients like this and the result is never good, but when it's close to home...well...that's the price you pay for working in medicine. We know that she is flying with Angels now...my sister and I have tried to chat on the phone, but it's the wrong time of year...not that their is a right one...and we cry our eyes out to each other.
So her name still is Ruth Smith a stay at home mom, loved any kind of crafting, her husband is Olag, an Ag seed grower , they lived in Germany. I talked to her just before she was admitted to the hospital and my sister talked to her the day she was. She loved to sing...was a lousy guitar player and loved seafood and Merlot...I made shrimp and crab stuffed pasta at least 4 times a year for her. This house is a bit sad for a while...but it seems like a fitting end to a lousy year. Just wanted to vent for a bit. Thanks all for thoughts and prayers :(

Last edited:
It's never easy i reckon. But I'm sure having you as a friend was a bright spot in her life. My sincerest condolences....

Jim, I'm always sorry to see news like this. She sounds like a great friend. My condolences to the people whose lives she touched.