Welcome John Pollman

Glad to be here!!!

Hi all !

I got a PM from Steve Ash last night telling me about this place so I thought I'd drop by and check it out. Looks like a nice place you've got here and I look forward to learning/contributing here.

A bit about myself....

I'm a self employed licensed builder in the state of Michigan. I live in the northern suburbs of Detroit Michigan. I'm pretty much a one man crew and don't really build homes but I do light remodeling, repair, decks, flooring (hardwood, ceramic, vinyl). I'm a pretty hardy "do-it-yourselfer" and there's not too much around the house that I won't tackle. I do like woodworking but don't really have a shop set up at the moment but maybe in the future that'll come. I've got LOTS of tools (power and hand) but right now they're kind of here, there, and everywhere. I've just got to FORCE myself to get organized and get them where they belong. Once that's accomplished I'll get a proper shop set up.

No I certainly don't know everything but I do have knowledge on a wide array of home improvement and general repair questions. I certainly hope I don't come off as a "know-it-all" but I do enjoy responding to peoples questions for help. So if you've got a question about something just ask away. If I can help in any way I'm glad to do it.

I'm looking forward to participating here. It looks like it's going to be a good time!

Take care,

John

Last edited:
hi john, good to have ya`! i`ll ask somebody who knows how to merge your 2 introduction threads.....i`m a computer moron :eek: .....tod

Welcome John. I'm sure that someone with experience who likes to answer questions will be most valuable here. Have you got any projects nthat you can tell us about in the Carpentry and Construction forum?

welcome john, and on another post you mentoned hookin up with steve, when you do perhaps anther red neck could join in. if things are slow fer you now you got lots of time to drive 2 hours to vist:)