Electronic Versions of WoodWorking Magazines

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Sharon got me the 1975-2010 version of Fine Woodworkings magazine archive. I love it. I've got the entire archive and it takes up almost no space on my bookshelves.

Now here's the question, I wish I could cancel my paper subscription and just get it monthly electronically. Do you know of any magazines that do that? Do you think they will ever move that way?

And I don't really mean a website that updates content monthly, but I'd like to get the PDF of the honest to goodness paper version.

Just wondering if I'm alone in that way of thinking.... :huh:

Woodworking Magazine use to do that before it combined back to Popular Woodworking last year. I am not sure I am ready to give up a hard copy on some magazines yet.

The archive DVD is pretty neat, isn't it. I wish the search feature was a little more robust though.

I need to call Fine Woodworking about getting just the update for the year 2010. I saw the information once, but can't find it now. I have the 1975-2009 DVD.

Yeah, 149$ for 35 years worth of magazines. That's a lot of info.

I like paper magazines, but I'm trying to get rid of my pack rat mentality.

Yeah, 149$ for 35 years worth of magazines. That's a lot of info.

I like paper magazines, but I'm trying to get rid of my pack rat mentality.

like that is ever gonna happen yur a addict brent,, never get totally off that addiction.. the wood magazine newsletter or what ever is ok, but i dont find myslef taking the time to go threw it all.. where as if i had the paper version i would browse it a few times and read the tasty morsel and then it would end up on the stack with others..i used to get the second hand but the stopped so now its a treat to get ahold of one in paper.. and i need to get the dvd set like yu got,, bill has tried to get me to do it and has found many things for me threw his..just havnt parted witht he jing yet..but 150 for all that is in there is a good deal...

Along the same lines, my wife gave me the complete (25 years?) of Wood magazine on DVD this year for my xmas gift. Therefore, should anyone want the 15 (or more) years of back issues I presently have, please let me know ASAP and, for the shipping costs, their yours. Otherwise, they're going in the recycling bin.

Along the same lines, my wife gave me the complete (25 years?) of Wood magazine on DVD this year for my xmas gift. Therefore, should anyone want the 15 (or more) years of back issues I presently have, please let me know ASAP and, for the shipping costs, their yours. Otherwise, they're going in the recycling bin.

I love old mags, but my wife would kill me if 100lbs of magazines showed up on the doorstep.