Ben's Turning Showcase

Excellent!

Great work Ben, but we have come to expect that of you. :thumb:

Good to see you posting again. Hope you're having a good time at school.

Now you gotta try your hand at the flatstuff and see if you can give the old man a run for his money.:D Ken you gotta get a plane into his hands before he dont let go of the spinny stuff for life. Someones got to inherit your planes one day. :D At this rate he wont know what to do with em.;)

Rob, Ben does know what to do with a plane, and he has a couple to his name. He knows he'll get the rest when I kick.

Just so you have proof of his flat work, here's a table he made a few years ago. He dovetailed the drawer, and it was spot on. Of course, he had to turn the legs. ;) He looks much older and more mature now too.

Cause my dad has a terrible eye for photos... And I'm sure ya'll are dying for a look at the dovetails. (Cherry and pine, taking after my old man) Turned the knob too.

Thanks again guys! I really do love those lamps. I wouldn't change them at all if I had to do em again.

@Rob: Dont you hate it when that happens? And I have a number 5 and a block plane already (right dad?)! And I'll leave him to his dovetails. I'm trying to get him to make a chair though... seems to be dragging his feet a bit. Perhaps you can help him work up his courage :p.

@Jim: good choices! :) Of these pieces they definitely have some of the more interesting wood.

@Dan: havent been that busy, all of these are from over at least a two year period.

@Don: I'll probably disappear back into the ether once I'm back at school (weds). I'll try and pop in here every once in a while though.

Not bad for a college kid. :rofl:

Very nice work all around, Ben. I can see you've still got a good touch and sharp eye despite not getting a lot of lathe time. :thumb: Thanks for taking the time to post your photos. I'm looking forward to viewing them on something better than an iPhone.

Great work Ben, can't say which would be my favorite.:thumb:.. but am curious about the lamps... where do you find those inserts... haven't seen them before.

I make some similar that I use the ultra pur oil candles as the lamp insert... but think yours are more attractive. :thumb: