Time to get back to

THE TREAD MILL !:rofl::rofl:
and off the sweets.

Anyone on the same page. This season I've been bad, anything and everything that has passed in front of me that's was sweet I "Just said Yes" :rofl:

Last edited:
Dave, I kinow what your talking about. I have eaten just about every kind of sweet there is. My family knows I'm a sucker for M&M's so now I have about 4 of the BIG bags sitting here that I got for Christmas. Maybe we need Stu to give us some pointers.

How about it Stu????

Tom

My doctor told me to start working out, I told him I couldn't, when I work out I start burning fat, smells like bacon and I get hungry! ::treadmill:
But I found out one of my problems was I have these metal fillings in my teeth, and the refrigerator magnets keep pulling me into the Kitchen. :(

oh boy, do I hear you. My electric just went out in my garage/shop and I didnt think to check the inside the house panel first, and I couldnt make it through the doorway with the workbench in the way. I had to get my wife to go in.
She called me a not so nice word and told me this is why my weight is a real problem. I told her it was a design flaw in my floor plan.

Time to get back to school. Starts again Jan 10. Need to work on this overhanging part of my belly also. If this crazy doctor doesn't let me use my arm again pretty quick, I am going to be too big to get out of the house.

I know you guys are joking around, but if you really do what to get back in shape, it is not a diet you need, as we are all on a diet now, what you need is to change your lifestyle.

There is no silver bullet, no magic pill, or special combo of foods etc, it is really, really simple, seven simple words that I have memorized.....

"Eat food, not a lot, mostly plants"

What does this mean?

Food, something that an old world grandmother would look at and say "now thats a food", not this over processed garbage we feed ourselves. I eat almost nothing that comes from a cardboard box or in a foil bag, my one exception to that is Quaker Oats, and not the "Quick" ones either. Get off the artificial sweeteners, for the most part they just bog down your metabolism. If you want a Coke, have a Coke :D but realize that the sugar is going to give you a nice high and then a crash, which will just make your crave more sugar :rolleyes: DAMHIKT :doh: but this is still better than a Diet Coke, IMHO
Eat food, plants, lots of them, and it certainly does NOT have to be rabbit food, you can make wonderful, tasty healthy food that is not full of salt and fat, yes, you can!

Then move, move more, move more often, take the stairs, even just take them on the way down, even if you take the elevator on the way up, or take the stairs for just one floor, then get on the elevator. Go for a walk, do so slowly at first, but then build your speed and distance.

I've got a ways to go yet, that cancer thing put a wrinkle in my weight loss plan, but I'm back in the saddle again, I did not gain over the holidays, a major milestone for me, we get stupid busy and it is hard to find good food to eat.

Lastly, and this one most never want to hear, but it is a simple truth, if you take in too many calories, you get fat, if you have a calorie deficit, you will, slowly, lose fat over time.

I use the >> My Fitness Pal << app on my iPhone and I use the website too, lots of like mined people there, I'm "StuAblett" there, if you join, friend me :wave: Use their tools to figure out your Basal Metabolic Rate "BMI" this will give you a good goal for daily calorie intake. Once you start looking up the calories in stuff and see just how much extra food you are putting into you body, it is often not surprising at all that you got fat :eek: :D I know that was the case for me.

Now I try to eat below 2000 calories a day, and that, if I'm careful is enough for me, in fact, when I now over eat I feel awful, bloated and regret it, I guess my stomach has shrunk.

Oh, I forgot to mention, MFP is completely free!

You can check out some of the other members, one lady Tami has lost 186 lbs in two years, yes, amazing, but she did it all by watching what she ate and buy exercising, it does work!

OK, I'm off my soapbox now, but I was asked :D

Honestly, the MFP site has helped me with tools, ideas and support in a huge way.

Cheers!

Thanks for the advise Stuart. I believe you are correct on all counts. However one of the biggest problems I have always had is that I eat for the "taste" of food...not because I'm hungry. It is the flavor that I crave. I have learned to drink much more water and less diet pop. There IS a learning curve. However it all comes down to taking in less calories that you burn. Sounds simple..:dunno:

Tom