I believe in Santa now

Look what he left us under the chimney, or maybe it was the UPS guy.

Our old compact digital camera died last year and my wife has been nagging me to buy a nice DSLR. She has an old Rebel film camera that was costing us a bundle in film developing. I finally succumbed to the pressure and bought Canon 60D. We liked the swivel screen feature on this camera. We are still going to use the old 28-90mm lense, even though that lens does not have the IS feature. I did buy the 70-300mm IS lense. Why? Because my wife wanted that too.

I just downloaded a bunch of videos from Canon's web site. Now if I could only find the time and patience to watch them.

Attachments

• IMG00035-20110102-1431.jpg
    IMG00035-20110102-1431.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG00036-20110102-1432.jpg
    IMG00036-20110102-1432.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 52
Now there you go! Very nice Camera you have there!

I'm sure you'll get a bang out of using it. I'm loving little T2i :thumb: :thumb:

Enjoy it in good health. :

Cynthia:

You just reminded me of LOML's Grandma Ida. She was a little 5'-0" woman of Polish heritage who alway said "Use it in good health" when you were opening a gift.

It didn't matter if it was a ball-peen hammer or a sweater - "Use it in good health" was her mantra. She lived to 96 - so maybe she knew something about what she spoke.

Cheers

Jim

Last edited:
Oh Boy---Wish I could trade someone my EOS 35mm SLR. I have three lenses for it---two are zoom. It looks and acts brand new. It also uses film (you have heard of film havn't you?).
It is one of those items that come under the heading, "Too good to throw away, but I'll never use it."

So---Have fun with that camera and I will join you vicariously.

Enjoy and bless UPS,

Jim

Well, there goes THAT excuse for not posting pics, huh Mohammad? :D

That's a great camera. I've got the swivel screen on my D5000, and it comes in handy.

Who knew Santa wore a brown suit and drove a brown truck? ;)

If that is the camera, and you had a film camera, with what camera did you take these pics? Did you use a mirror? Has this camera a self picture functionality? :huh::huh::huh::dunno:

Congrats Mohamad, but you know what comes after this don't you? Or did think she did it only thinking on you?

More trips abroad to take pictures:rofl::rofl:

Mohammad your wife has her priorities absolutely right.:thumb: Nice camera enjoy it. Next you will have to get a digital picture frame that really adds to the use of digital pictures, especially family ones.

Thanks guys. I do understand that with a camera comes responsibilty. That is, taking pictures of the projects. I will try my best.

Toni, the pictures were taken with Mariam's blackberry.