Getting Ken Werner to Make a Windsor Chair

Should Ken Werner make another Windsor Chair?

• YES!!! Go out there NOW and do some work! (right answer)

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Yes! You can finish reading this thread though. (right answer)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • yes. You can spend another hour on here first though. (wrong answer)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • yes. What have you been waiting for?! (right answer)

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • no. Forget about all of your own projects and just read about ours! (wrong answer)

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Ben Werner

I'm sure many of you remember that my dad went to Elia Bizzarri's for a week to learn how to make a windsor chair just about year ago now. (See thread here: http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17775) He got the required wood shortly there after and its been sitting outside the shop since. Every time I come home I bug him about it and attempt to get him to just take the plunge and make another one. However, he keeps dragging his feet and refuses to start. When I got home this break, I offered to help him do whatever it is to the logs he needs to do, and even turn some of the harder parts. He has now ran out of time (I'm going back to school on Weds) and will need to do it alone once again. So I am here, asking all of you to help get him just do it! He says he's deathly afraid, but so what if he messes up? We just replace the broken piece and make a new one! Well in my case the exploded bowl more often then not goes into fire... but thats a different story.

So, here I am, asking all of you to give him just a bit of confidence so he'll go do it! Next time you see him on here... tell him to get off the computer and go do some work on it!!:D:thumb: I'm starting a poll, get everyone to vote, and give him a boost in the right direction!

Here's to you Dad! Now go make another chair!!!:D:D And no using your special mod powers to delete this thread. I have all this text saved so if you do I'll just post it again.

Rent the movie "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson, the first five minutes or so show him trying to make a Windsor style chair, made me laugh :rofl:

Go for it Ken, if you can't do it, no one can! (And I know you can!):thumb:

I'd like to make one as well. I don't have the confidence to give it a try. Maybe if Ken starts his that will give me the kick in the butt to make mine :rofl::rofl:

Go for it Ken and take lots of pics:D

let see yu showed me the log yu got for it.. yu have shown me the first one, you have shown me yur stand to do the work.. i know yu have the tools to do it twice.. and yu had training by a great teacher.. so what is it that scares yu.. you told me that i shouldnt hesitate yet the teacher is not practicing what he teaches???? i thought we were a couple of guys that teach by example ken???? wasnt that how yu put it to me?? and the wood isnt a problem yu have enough now and its stil avaible if yu run out from one cut to many.. so come on ken,, get after it,, the tool sales arent gonna start for another couple months and yu made the first chair in week:)

You haven't been watching that Mel Gibson movie where he keeps building the chairs, but they keep breaking have you? :D

Sounds like you've got a good opportunity to pass on some chair building skills to your son, better get to it. ;) :)