Clamp Rack

Bob Gibson

My growing collection of clamps have been leaning against the wall in my shop and are always being knocked down so I decided to get them organized and off the floor.
I still have to come up with an idea to get the pipe and parallel clamps hung up but at least it's a start.

No where near perfect but it seems to work.

100_3894 (600 x 400)1 clamp.jpg

100_3895 (600 x 400)2clamp.jpg

100_3896 (600 x 400)3clamp.jpg

Looks great. I do my pipe clamps a similar way. I don't use pipe clamps much so my rolling toolbox rolls right in front of them. They're out of the way but readily available when I want them. A 3 degree tilt on the horizontal piece keeps things put.

Pipe-clamp-rack-bot.jpg

but these make it almost worth just buying them.

Last edited:
I like that design with the lip Bob. May have to 'borrow' that one. Have had issues with random clamps coming off the rack at my last place. Of course I don't have stomping teenagers living upstairs from the shop anymore, but wouldn't hurt. :)

I need to come up with a new clamp rack solution. I'll be swiping that one with the lip. Looks pretty slick...

I have been giving this some thought. I think I am going to get some floor flanges and elbows. Make a wide U and make a rack mounted to the ceiling, for my oddball seldom used clamps.