Adapting a carbide finish cutter.....

michael james

When Vaughn was here last week I tried his easy rougher and sliced my fingers (not bad) wiping off the dust etc, from the cutter. Then I realized I was planting my DNA in his foam handle with my blood:doh:.

I like my hand held hollowing tool made by Jeff Nicol and thought I have to get some carbide on there. Jeff sent me a round tip and a square one too, made from old saw blade, but I have not come up with a good jig to sharpen them. Yes, I have the mini monster but I still like using this tool to smooth out HF's.

I adapted it with just a small washer under the cutter and used the screw that came with my rig (larger diameter) and tightened her down. $18 +tax.
Cheap and easy carbide finisher!:thumb::rofl::D

Attachments

• overview.jpg
    overview.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 64
  • label.jpg
    label.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 61
  • tipshot.jpg
    tipshot.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 68
Cool. :thumb: You're gonna love the EWT carbide cutter. I've got the unhandled Ci0, and the shank fits into the Monster rig. Works great for finishing cuts.

Cool. :thumb: You're gonna love the EWT carbide cutter. I've got the unhandled Ci0, and the shank fits into the Monster rig. Works great for finishing cuts.

I thought I would do the Ci1 square rougher and the R4 while I was in tinkering mode. Hope to give them all a spin this weekend. I had to make a little more room for the cutter and thought I might want to put a flat spot on both holders to help prevent slipping and turning. These will fit in my mini monster as well!

Attachments

• squareup.jpg
    squareup.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 30
  • flatspot.jpg
    flatspot.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 32
  • installed.jpg
    installed.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 33