Toni C Made My Year.

Hi,

Sometimes a person or event can make your day. Well Toni, Ciuraneta that is, made my whole cotton pickin year. A package came to Glenn's house from Toni. Glenn was ready to open it when he saw MY name on it. Glenn called and asked if he should open it. I said, "Heck no. If it is from Toni, I want to."

Anyway, I went up to Glenn's and opened my mail. It was a knock your sox off package. Inside, packed in wood shavings (of course) was a beautiful wood plane that Toni made. It had Hock iron and was already tuned.

Toni wasn't sure of the size of my hands so he left the top unfinished so I could shape it for little o'le me. Glenn and I couldn't wait. So it was out to the shop and we planed away on several kinds of wood. The picture is mahogany. We even used it on one kind of wood---I forgot its name---that Glenn said was tougher than nails. That was fun!

Glenn took some pictures. I got them today. The old goat in the pictures isn't me---its my great grandfather. Enjoy the pics. I'm sure enjoying the plane.

Hey Toni! THANKS!!!

Jim

Last edited:
Wow! what a nice gift. Good for you Jim, and Toni - not only did you make a wonderful plane, you sent it across the world to a friend. Well done sirs!

I'm glad that you got it at last Jim, I wish you enjoy using it as much as I have enjoyed making it for you. :thumb: For your info if Glenn didn't tell you, the wood is european oak. I wanted to make it from she oak as all wooden planes used to be made here because is really hard, but I couldn't find a suitable piece as it is not comercialized except as firewood ( what a crime).

Last edited:
What a cool surprise. :thumb: I can tell by the see-through shavings that the plane is nicely dialed in. Kudos to Toni, and congrats to Jim. :clap:

By the way, the resemblance between you and your great-grandfather is absolutely uncanny. I guess we all know where you got your good looks from, huh? :D

Toni is one of the very best people! Way to go, Toni. You are awesome!

And Jim, that ol' plane you and I were talking about...hang it on the wall for decoration. What Toni sent you way surpasses whatever that thing could hope to become.