Just back from Haiti

I just returned from an incredible trip exploring some potential future mission trips AND to meet the little girl we are adopting. I thought I would share a few pictures here as it really and truly does look just like the media portrays it.

DSCN0579.jpg

DSCN0583.jpg

DSCN0585.jpg

DSCN0588.jpg

A trip like this really puts American "problems" into perspective.

and to think some complain about mowing a small lot in the cities yard, those folk dont have a yard just a trash heap to wander threw..bet yur looking forward to having the new addition to your family barry.. boy or girl

Many of the dollars went to improving infrastructure, like clean water. And it wouldn't be a big surprise to find that too much wound up in private pockets.

I lost a friend from seminary in that earthquake. He, his wife, and his cousin were there to teach. His wife and cousin got out when the building they were in collapsed. Ben didn't. He was in his middle twenties, an incredibly talented young man. He would have graduated last May.

Thanks, Barry, for the work you are doing there. And blessings on your adoption. I know the blessings will work both ways.

wow, channel 5 local news just tonight was having a segment about how and if the money donated(earthquake was one year ago) is getting to the people.
The news claims 90% of the damage from the quake is still the same,nothing has been redone.
It showed a bunch of pickup trucks donated with weeds growing on them that havent been put to use yet, something about high importing taxes.
Its such a shame.