Cherry corner Cabinet

Yes I'm still alive, Even more scary I haven't forgotten how to turn on the saw, considering I haven't built anything major in over a year.

Nephew started one of these in high school (He turned 40 on Monday) He brought it over to finish it and we decided to just start over. Case is 3/4 cherry ply shelves are 1/2 inch cherry ply. Bout had a heart attack when I picked those up. Almost $200 :eek:

Took the plans from wood magazine to get some basic dimensions and tailored it to suit me from there.

Finish is BLO and Magnalac pre cat satin lacquer.
Cut the face frame apart twice before I got it right.

Attachments

• Corner cabinet_01.jpg
    Corner cabinet_01.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Corner cabinet_02.jpg
    Corner cabinet_02.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Corner cabinet_03.jpg
    Corner cabinet_03.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 78
Well done. Admittedly it's sometimes difficult to pony up the funds for project supplies, but as is often the case, the final product would have certainly cost much, much more if one had to buy it from a store.

well done robert,, its about time i was gonna send that ole geyser after yu this spring if yu hadnt crawled back out of yur den:) how do you like using that magna lac? got some myslef to try and am curious to here your thoughts on it.. what gun set up did yu use? what needle size and thinning of the material. how does it sand? there that ought to keep yu busy for few mins answering these questions??:D:thumb::thumb:

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Larry

I really like the Magnalac, I'm using a DeVILBISS FinishLine® 3 with I believe either a 1.8 or 2.2 Mm tip. The only thing you have to watch is it drys fast. If your spraying a big project they make a retarding agent for it. you can sand it in an hour or 2 unless you get it on heavy. I usually mix 2 parts magna lac to one part thinner. Or some where there abouts.

And the old geezer has seen me a few times,

Sands easy.

I checked the gun while I was down moving things around in the shop tonight. It's got a 1.8 in it If you where to use a 2.2 you wouldn't have to thin it very much, maybe not at all