smaller gun??

larry merlau

pictures and links to what yu use to get into tight spaces to spray finish..
am looking to get a detail gun, but they are sayun that they have a 1.1 needle and wont that be to small to spray lacquer and the finishes we wood workers use? the gravity feed gun i know use has a 1.4 needle and i have to thin the finish to get it to go threw right.. yet tod has a 2gt pressure pot and he can spray straight stuff, dont know his needle size.. am looking at a reasonble system am not looking at a devilblis quality yet? maybe i should be though:huh::huh: karl are yu listening?

Larry I have a HVLP system with a 2 gal pot I'll sell ya. I do not use it any more. It needs new hoses. I only use it for 3 years and decided to go with the cup guns. The cups just take a little practice to get use to and also using the different angles of spray. If you get over spray brown paper bag the over spray and then just wax.

dave if yu dont need a two gallon pot i surely dont either:):eek: i dont spray near as much as yu do ... i am just needing to get in that small spaces better.. any idea why the other setup i told you about with the 2 gt pot would squirt so heavy would a needle being to big cause that on thin material? or is a pressure issue?

I'm in and out of the office all day. I have a leather top with tooling I need to repair the tooling. Very small brushes and very time consuming. The good part of this is the tooling was done with paint not gilding.

i have in the past,, maybe i need to go back there?? so what are the advantages on gravity feed gun??? i was told to use them because that was what i was taught on by some one with more knowledge than me at the time and still for that matter.. before that i had used a cup gun..maybe the cost was his reasoning???

I can not tell you honestly because I have never used one. I took one look at the gravity feed gun and knew I could not get into places I needed to. I turn the gun side ways and for brief second upside down. But when I do that I need to do a serous cleaning job on the gun. It dose not happen often but when I need to the cup can handle it.

Larry I was taught to set the pot pressure (with no atomization air[kink the hose]) to make the fluid stream to squirt out about 2 to 3 feet in front of nozzle and that pressure will change with different viscosity of fluid.

(what they really said is no further that you can pee) hope I didn't violate the CoC but that is what the big boys told me. :rofl:

This is what I was taught from the boys at Spray Equipment not sure if they are up you way or not.

ok jay then is it possible if i was gettin a stream like that without the atomizing?? and if i increased the gun pressure i could get some atomoization better becasue if i hit i tlike i was gonna spray it was soaking the card board test piece??/

ok jay, let me get this straight.... i have 45lb at the wall going to the gun after a water trap. then at the pot i need to be at 25 or under, then at the gun its a matter of squirt length.. depending on liquid thinness i was using straight thinner to test with.. so with this info what are yur suggestions?

With straight thinner you would have around 5psi in the pot and about 20 on the gun.
Are you running a regulator on the pot so you can adjust pot pressure??

As far a atomization pressure the highest I ever ran was about 35 psi and that was with latex paint the fluid pressure was about 25 psi (pot) you should be able to push the fluid to the gun (lacquer) with about 15 psi and atomize it with about 25 psi this is on an HVLP gun you may need higher atomize pressure if using a conventional.

Also one other thing I thought of, is your gun set up to use on a Pressure pot??

With straight thinner you would have around 5psi in the pot and about 20 on the gun.
Are you running a regulator on the pot so you can adjust pot pressure??

As far a atomization pressure the highest I ever ran was about 35 psi and that was with latex paint the fluid pressure was about 25 psi (pot) you should be able to push the fluid to the gun (lacquer) with about 15 psi and atomize it with about 25 psi this is on an HVLP gun you may need higher atomize pressure if using a conventional.

Also one other thing I thought of, is your gun set up to use on a Pressure pot??

jay i got a insurance gal coming soon but will talk with yu later on this.. take alook at this link its the gun and pot that i have.. my supply hoses are differnt becasue its older than this link shows but still the same gun and set up..http://www.gleempaint.com/hvcongunw2qr.html