Uh, it's Friday

So where is the "it's Friday"?

Anyways, what is planned? Myself, home work and a little shop time. Doc finally got me up to 5 lbs weight limit. I really don't think he has faith in his own work sometimes.

I need to regroup and plan out my next 8 weeks of home improvement projects. Big push to get the house ready for possible sale this spring. I also am refurbishing a mitre box, starting with cleaning (de-rusting) and polishing up the sawplate this weekend. Probably going to send it out for sharpening, but been having an internal debate to tackle it myself. Need to get a magnifier visor if I am going to do it. These eyeball just can't handle work that small anymore!

Last edited:
Going to annual lunch meeting for my muzzle loading club tomorrow.
That should take all day.
Sunday a.m. church, rest of day probably vegatate. Might do some 'honey do's' now that my left arm is usable, not strong but usable.
I stared hard at the project on my lathe, might even attempt to work on that if shop isn't too cold.

More work on the fireplace - I'm hopelessly behind schedule. The new kitchen cabinets will be here at the end of the month. Doubt I'll be ready!

Taking advantage of the expected temps in the '70s and '80s to do some stuff around the yard. Also need to shovel out the shop a bit. I've been turning green mesquite all week, and the shavings are getting a bit deep in there right now. I also hope to make a ramp to make it easier to load dogs into my SUV. My big boy is starting to have trouble jumping up into the back of the car.

Suppose to get up in to the 30's this weekend and just got two boxes from WW hardware, so need to get some cabinet doors built and a few pull-outs done. Also ordered one of these today, so need to get some wiring ran for lights and new brackets put on the garage door tracks. I'll be using it to put steel panels on my ceiling in a few weeks.

Local woodturner's meeting with my dad tomorrow afternoon...then cheering on the Packers tomorrow night! Go Pack Go!

Sunday I hope to get some shop time, but not counting on it...quite a honey do list right now....:eek:

No kids or grandkids on Saturday. The first weekend since Thanksgiving :headbang::beer::woot::bliss::champagne:
After a morning enjoying the quiet we will probably take a ride to the Vermont Country Store and use some gift cards.

Sunday I hope to finish the curly maple hand plane I'm making, start on a clock for my grand daughters birthday and then watch the Patriots beat the Jets:D while eating a ton of buffalo wings.

Well, Going to be a fantastic weekend around here, so I think I'll just take a quick drive up to Rennies and see how that fireplace is coming along! :eek: :rofl: :rofl:

Just kidding.

I've had a pretty productive work week, and no company, so I can spend a little more time on my shop reorg. Thinking I'll build some more wall cabs and a counter to go under them. :thumb:

A little work on the Dado Monster. This is like any other plumbing project - many trips to the store!

House cleaning - ugh. Company next week.

Finish worship preparation.

Try to get one last Sunday out of the printer cartridge. I'll see if a couple of wallops will get me through. New one on order.

Sunday is worship, of course. I leave at 7AM I almost never get home before 4 PM and then I fall on my face for two hours!

Time for a family visit, THAT will get your mojo in gear:D OH BRENT!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

yeah, I agree. Couldnt think of anyone who is better suited to get a project completed.

Id love to get some shop time in tomorrow, but cold weather might not agree, might just spend the day cleaning out the finish room and watching football.

Last edited:
Finish servicing the skid steer, and fix the heater (can't have swmbo whining about the cold) Cut some fire wood up. Move some snow (thats where the heat and swmbo come in)

Sun deliver the corner cabinet and help my nephew with his boiler some

Robert, it seems to me that if SWMBO was shoveling all that snow, the exercise would warm her right up. Kill two birds with one stone. (And maybe get yourself killed, too, if your SWMBO is anything like mine.) :rolleyes: :p

Robert, it seems to me that if SWMBO was shoveling all that snow, the exercise would warm her right up. Kill two birds with one stone. (And maybe get yourself killed, too, if your SWMBO is anything like mine.) :rolleyes: :p

WEll she ain't getting heat!! at least not this week, New Holland wants $392 just for the blower motor :eek: On a brighter Note I can it direct from the manufacturer for $165

A real fun filled weekend here. Today i get to work on the truck. For some reason, my truck lost all its electrical thursday when I went to leave.:huh: Then after that it is shop clean out time. Anyone inteads in moving several lifts of lumber.