Military

Nearest person to a Marine is a Navy Corpsman-- I think Marines respect them more than almost anyone. Semper Fi

No I think the nearest thing to a Navy Corpsmen is a marine. No dis-respect to the marines but I have seen my son while on leave take calls from "his marines" with questions. He carries a weapon just like they do but he keeps em breathing if their hurt.

Last edited:
Congrats to you and the boys. I told this to Drew privately, but I'll say it publicly here. I think it's a fine choice for a young person. They'll grow up a lot. My hat is off to you and them. Remember there's a big air force base up here. Give them my number so if they're ever up here, they can come by. They're welcome at my house. Do they know any woodworking? :rofl: :thumb:

cynthia

Congrats to your sons, please thank them. They will grow a lot. My time in the service (3 years 3 months and 29 days, but who counted, actually I love it and almost re-enlisted) has been one of my fondest and proudest memories.

My story about recruiters. When my son was around 12 he said told me that when he grew up he wanted to fly fighter jets. Well most young kids want to do that at some time in their life, epically after watching the movie "Top Gun". I told my son, that was a fine thing. I decided I'd take him to a Navy recruiter and have him give my son a little info on what it takes to become a Navy pilot (I wanted to take him to the Marine recruiter, being an ex-Marine, but he pointed out that they didn't fly the Tomcat). So I took him to our local Navy recruiter and explained to the recruiter why we were there. The young Navy recruiter was rude and totally tried to discourage my son. Just laughed at him. Said he would never make it. He was a total jerk about it. The recruiter and I had a few words. Well, my son flew the Tomcat and is now a Commander in the navy flying the F-18 Superhornet. He will retire from the Navy in about 4 years. What an exciting, great career he has had. I've enjoyed it almost as much as he has.

Last edited: