tough choice-Leigh d4r pro or PC Omni 24 inch

now that I can give it all a good look over, first thing I thought was odd, was the quick reference card. Just a bit too small. My wife asked I give it to her this morning, she made the cards about double the size, then laminated some for me, and now I can read the print without my glasses. Much easier.(these were unlaminated copies to show the size)

very minute detail, but no reason not to make my life easier, so PC, blow up those cards a bit, they can still be called reference cards, just easier to read.

Attachments

• bed 313 (Medium).jpg
    bed 313 (Medium).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 26
I used the jig today for the first time on my current project.
I made half blind single pass, cutting both tail and pin boards one pass.
The jig is a bit cumbersome for me, to lift off its storage shelf, and onto the work bench, but sits and clamps easily enough so its secure.
It took me approx 60 minutes to set up until I was pleased with the fit of the joint, using baltic ply, I had to adjust the jig a bit.
Alan had given me a hint to use a backer board with plywood to prevent tearout, and I used a piece of 1/2 inch mdf, and it worked great.
I cut the first drawer, slowly, then managed to get half second drawer cut in 2 minutes, but family problems forced me to shut down shop today and I had to depart immediately so I didnt finish the last 2 drawers.

The clamping hold down bars on this jig are the cats meow, bag of chips, all that and more.
For someone with my slight disadvantage with the neuro disease, it makes my life alot easier than fighting with clamps and trying to line things up.
This unit has guides, router depth guides, all to make adjusting easier and quicker.
I own a prazi dovetail jig, cost me 129.00 I believe. This jig cost me around 515 with shipping. For a one time box the prazi will do, but for constant drawer making, the PC jig price is justified.(for me)

Its not as simple or easy as Norm makes it look in the video, but I believe once I get the hang of it and dont need to look at the manual anymore, it should be a quick adjusting till ready to cut operation.

Last edited:
I keep the milwaukee attached to the table and I only have the dewalt with the 1/2 inch collet. I have one other ryobi but its only 1/4 inch collet.
I use the dewalt for all handheld stuff(just installed the bed hardware with it)

Eventually I'd like to purchase an additional router and that's a good idea to keep a dedicated router for the jig.