don't sweat the small stuff

Here are a couple of recent hollow forms. Let me know what you think.
mini-HFs-1.jpg
From left to right in the picture above: buckeye burl with lignum vitae finial, honduran rosewood burl, amboyna burl, olive burl, and spalted maple burl with desert ironwood finial

mini-HFs-2.jpg
Comments and criticisms always appreciated.

Here are a couple of recent hollow forms. Let me know what you think.
View attachment 53336
From left to right in the picture above: buckeye burl with lignum vitae finial, honduran rosewood burl, amboyna burl, olive burl, and spalted maple burl with desert ironwood finial

View attachment 53337
Comments and criticisms always appreciated.

I must say, those are really beautiful. I have a real thing for Maple burl...that's my favorite.....but that honduran rosewood burl is pretty neat too....:thumb: ....and so tiny! Your vision must be better than mine...even with my new glasses....

Su-perb! You nailed the forms, even at the vastly reduced scale. All of them are beautifully done. :clap:

(Man, some people will do just about anything to cut down on the amount of sanding they have to do.) :rolleyes: :p

Again, sir, those are amazing. Your time with J Clewes was very well spent. Get the form right, master a couple of fundamentals and you're good to go!
Very nice David!:thumb::thumb:
mj

So do you carve those with dentist tools? Wow those are really cool. :thumb: So I guess your rough turn section all fits into a drawer and what is the drying time for blanks like that? do you actually even have any dust from those? :dunno::rofl::rofl: