Super Bowl poll

Your Super Bowl prediction

• Total voters
This is a tough one, being Pitt beat my team out of the superbowl, Im going to have to favor greenbay, even though I think Pitt has the edge.
Regardless, I want to wish all family members from both cities, who do care about this game, best of luck, may the best team win today, and like I always feel, every dog has his day.

Not having a home team to root on, doesnt mean I wont be enjoying the game or the event.
Were going to make this more like a tailgater, with ribs, dogs, burgers, and maybe a piece of chicken on the barbee, and all the rest of the side dishes to keep us full from 3 pm till 10 pm.(Im quite sure my wife has shrimp, my bil is bringing sausage and peppers,onions but I was onlly concerned with getting the ribs)and also, besides some potato salad or coleslaw, I also bought knishes, they are just easy to eat without forks.
The weather is great here today. Its going to top 40.

just for fun, if anyone reads this today, post up your gameday menus.

Last edited:
You mean they are still playing football?:dunno: I thought that was done and over with weeks ago. I voted for the lathe!:thumb:

Beside how can you call it a football game without the cheerleaders?

Allen my teem didn't make it ether (Giants):( but as the Steelers are my sons teem i'm going for them. I really think this should be a good game, and as my first teem i liked was Greenbay i woun't be unhappy if they win as long as it's a good game. As far as food just lots of home made buffalo wings, nachos, with jalapeno cheddar dip. no adalt beverages as i quit that over 20 years ago.:D
Steve

Packers, are my choice.

Food= chili, potato soup, chili dogs, all the snacks and stuff. Other people are coming here and have said they are bringing stuff, just don't know what.

Oh about forgot, big bag of pork rinds.

I watch as a sort of tradition. I'm not big on either of the teams this year.
It's an excuse to binge on unhealthy snacks.
I want to see them herding cats again. Best commercial ever.

Is it really a sport?

Athletic yes, football a sport? Do not think so. 60 minute game that takes four hours to play? Average play during the game? 10 seconds-- usually 70 plays a game so that is less than 15 minutes of real play. Rest of the time they stand around scratching their whatevers and waiting for numerous replays, decisions by officials and commercials. Now, Rugby is a real game with continuous action. Soccer (or the real Football) is a close second. Just my humble opinion.

However, I think the cheeseheads will win.

PS: Please do not kick me off FW for this.

I'll assume you are joking and have never played the game...

Just saying, these guys have lots of athletic skill and talent. The receivers are incredibly fast sprinters. Say what you will about the pads, the hits given and received are incredibly powerful. Those huge lineman are incredibly strong. I wouldn't want to be on the other side of the line from any of them...

Soccer? Give me a break. That's a game where one of the key skills is pretending you got hurt just to get a penalty on the other team then you pop up as if nothing had ever happend? A 0-0 tie is nothing unusual?

Now if you were talking about baseball or golf, I'd agree with you... :rofl:

I'll assume you are joking and have never played the game...

Just saying, these guys have lots of athletic skill and talent. The receivers are incredibly fast sprinters. Say what you will about the pads, the hits given and received are incredibly powerful. Those huge lineman are incredibly strong. I wouldn't want to be on the other side of the line from any of them...

Soccer? Give me a break. That's a game where one of the key skills is pretending you got hurt just to get a penalty on the other team then you pop up as if nothing had ever happend? A 0-0 tie is nothing unusual?

Now if you were talking about baseball or golf, I'd agree with you... :rofl:

Next thing your gonna tell us is that NASCar is not a sport.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Next thing your gonna tell us is that NASCar is not a sport.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NASCAR= Non. Athletic. Sport. Centered. Around. Rednecks. :huh: :rofl:

Well, that's what one of my family members claims... But i still enjoy it! And that Mark Martin is one tough old dude. Works out like crazy...

I can't imagine what it takes to drive 500 miles in a circle in a few hours from a stamina stand point.

I'm not even a football fan. I just find these discussions of what is or isn't a sport to be ridiculous. How about ping pong? Curling? Archery? Shot put? Bah, they are all sports and take a considerable amount of skill and training and I respect anyone who puts that much time and effort into getting to the top ranks of their chosen avocation/sport...

and my son just sent me an email picture. He isnt into football at all, but my daughter got him to take her out somewhere to watch the game, and my son won a bud cooler in a raffle.
good night.

Attachments

• cooler.JPG
    cooler.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 15
  • cooler1.JPG
    cooler1.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 15