The New Grizzly Catalogue has Arrived

I looked through it and dagonit - There it was - MY NEW BEST BUDDY TOOL a 10"/20" Drum Sander at Three Hundred CHANGE.

Now I have to decide whether or not to rob peter to pay paul. Got enough put away, but the final 100.00 has to come from a VACATION FUND for next summer to go to Florida to a wedding of a niece. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place! (I've got the go-ahead, BUT...................... do I REALLY have it?)

Bruce

I looked through it and dagonit - There it was - MY NEW BEST BUDDY TOOL a 10"/20" Drum Sander at Three Hundred CHANGE.

Now I have to decide whether or not to rob peter to pay paul. Got enough put away, but the final 100.00 has to come from a VACATION FUND for next summer to go to Florida to a wedding of a niece. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place! (I've got the go-ahead, BUT...................... do I REALLY have it?)

Bruce

Sounds like you have between now and this summer to sell an extra $100 worth of pens or something. :D

They have a lot of stuff in the catalogue made by Shop Fox. Is that brand any good? :dunno:

Although sold in the Grizzly catalog, Shop Fox is the Grizzly brand intended to be sold by tool retailers. For example, I can't buy a Grizzly bandsaw locally, but I bought my Shop Fox bandsaw at Battell's Hardware in nearby Whittier CA, Dan Gonzales' stomping grounds.

Shop Fox is made by the same factories, but (in most cases) just painted a different color. They usually have one or more "features" that make them unique compared to the regular Grizzly line. For example, my bandsaw is essentially the same as the GO555, but it has cast iron wheels instead of aluminum, and a rack and pinion cutting height adjustment. Grizzly's GO555X has the cast iron wheels, but no rack and pinion on the height adjustment, and a bigger motor. So like Don said, it's all the same, albeit with minor differences. You'll see the same type of differences just within the Grizzly lines, too. Like the GO513 line of bandsaws...there's the GO513, 513P, 513X2 and 513X2B, all of which have slightly different features or upgrades.

I immediately hide my catalog as it arrives too soon after Christmas. I just dug it out the other day ;-)

P.s. BTW Cynthia, Grizzly has the best price on the DW788 with stand and light that I found; including other's sale prices. I do see that it has gone up since I bought but still well priced for what it is.

Last edited:
Definitely a wish book.
I find the new Polar line an interesting departure from the Grizzly green.
Less money and a different color but, still, all in the same catalog. Adds a puzzlement factor to the decision making process.
e.g. 'If cheaper is it as good? Or, if it costs more it must be better. Right?' :huh:

BTW Cynthia, Grizzly has the best price on the DW788 with stand and light that I found; including other's sale prices. I do see that it has gone up since I bought but still well priced for what it is.

It is true, they often have the best deals around on other brands of tools. When I bought my Milwaukee 5625 router several years ago, I could not find a better price anywhere. Instead of buying through Amazon or somewhere else on the internet and waiting impatiently for a week or so, I just jumped into my truck and 5 minutes later had my paws on the thing.

Did you notice the drive-by gloat that I live right next to Grizzly?

I immediately hide my catalog as it arrives too soon after Christmas. I just dug it out the other day ;-)

P.s. BTW Cynthia, Grizzly has the best price on the DW788 with stand and light that I found; including other's sale prices. I do see that it has gone up since I bought but still well priced for what it is.

Glenn, my problem with big things from Grizzly is the shipping charges for me. But that is the model I have my eye on. Santa does have a DW735 on his sled, but he has to get back my way....in the next week or so.....:D