The New Grizzly Catalogue has Arrived

Definitely a wish book.
I find the new Polar line an interesting departure from the Grizzly green.
Less money and a different color but, still, all in the same catalog. Adds a puzzlement factor to the decision making process.
e.g. 'If cheaper is it as good? Or, if it costs more it must be better. Right?' :huh:

I was talking with the folks in at Griz Frank and they say the only different is the paint. It was just a marketing thing to bring the prices down some. The stuff I looked at if you strip the paint off you cant tell the difference

I was talking with the folks in at Griz Frank and they say the only different is the paint. It was just a marketing thing to bring the prices down some. The stuff I looked at if you strip the paint off you cant tell the difference

Like I said before Jay when the polor line first came out was aboutthe time they started shipping into Canada. Totally a marketing thing. Tools are the same quality just a color that stands out in the shop. You know for those nights when you want to do work in the dark. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glenn, my problem with big things from Grizzly is the shipping charges for me. But that is the model I have my eye on. Santa does have a DW735 on his sled, but he has to get back my way....in the next week or so.....:D

Time to invest in a trailer Cynthia and get Brian to install a hitch on that new ride. where there is a will there is a way. My first trip to Grizzly was to get a 8inch jointer with the extended beds. Did it in a pathfinder. 550 lbs sure made the trip interesting. Here are some pics I took at the ferry terminal and one of the unit at home. It can be done. :D:thumb:

Attachments

• Jointer 001 - Copy.JPG
    Jointer 001 - Copy.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Jointer 002 - Copy.JPG
    Jointer 002 - Copy.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Jointer 003 - Copy.JPG
    Jointer 003 - Copy.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Jointer 2 002 - Copy.JPG
    Jointer 2 002 - Copy.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 23
Time to invest in a trailer Cynthia and get Brian to install a hitch on that new ride. where there is a will there is a way. My first trip to Grizzly was to get a 8inch jointer with the extended beds. Did it in a pathfinder. 550 lbs sure made the trip interesting. Here are some pics I took at the ferry terminal and one of the unit at home. It can be done. :D:thumb:

What's Canadian Customs have to say about a load like that?

Just curious...:huh:

What's Canadian Customs have to say about a load like that?

Just curious...:huh:

Nothing Jim just paid the duty, GSTand PST and that was it. the cost of 100 for that and on my way. It was a secure load and the weight is nothing more than two large adults in the back. Just awkward to deal with. Grizzly loaded me up with the fork lift and that is one thing i will say about Grizzly is the service is outstanding. :thumb: .

Drew i did exactly the same thing this side except with a trailer. I put the huge coffin on tip of my luggage trailer.

Given i was away for a week at the time, I the allowance you get is $750 duty free so i paid nothing. Zilch nada not even the pst or gst.

There was huge celebration in my car on the way home from da borderrr.:rofl:

Had a bit of time explaining the word jointer so used planer. Joint had to many other pictures coming up in the guys mind.:rofl:

Nothing Jim just paid the duty, GSTand PST and that was it. the cost of 100 for that and on my way. It was a secure load and the weight is nothing more than two large adults in the back. Just awkward to deal with. Grizzly loaded me up with the fork lift and that is one thing i will say about Grizzly is the service is outstanding. :thumb: .

Drew, how about you go down there *for* me and I'll pay the gas and bake you a chocolate cake? :thumb:

Drew i did exactly the same thing this side except with a trailer. I put the huge coffin on tip of my luggage trailer.

Given i was away for a week at the time, I the allowance you get is $750 duty free so i paid nothing. Zilch nada not even the pst or gst.

There was huge celebration in my car on the way home from da borderrr.:rofl:

Had a bit of time explaining the word jointer so used planer. Joint had to many other pictures coming up in the guys mind.:rofl:

Wish that I had an excuse to go down for longer but at the time It was just a day thing. :( So it is only 750 that you are allowed to bring back? as for the jointer phrase I can totally understand that as we have lots of issues with that in this area in particular. :rofl::rofl:

Drew, how about you go down there *for* me and I'll pay the gas and bake you a chocolate cake? :thumb:[/QUOTE

Throw in a two four of silly pop and we will talk.:thumb: Cake just isn't enough :rofl:

A Grizzly store is something that you have to experience in person. It is only 1hr from the boarder in Bellingham and easy to find. You will be like a kid in a candy store there. I know I was. I could have spent a lot more than I did if I had the space left in the vehical. Trust me if I could have strapped something to the roof I would have.