Finally got lucky

Don Baer

Staff member
Well I was heading to Scottsdale for a meeting and about 5 miles from my house the light came on and told me the battery was bad. So I called the person who I was going to meet with and canceled. The amp gage showed 14 amps so I headed home. I go to thinking that the battery when I bought it they told me it came with a 3 year full replacement so I called em on the phone (Auto Zone) the guy asked me for my home phone number and he looked it up and said sure enough I got 5 months left so bring it in and they will give me a new one. :D:thumb:

Replacing batteries is one of the best PR and marketing tools there is.
Costs the merchant nothing and word of mouth from a happy customer is great advertising.
Learned that when I owned my Sears Roebuck store. :D

I think it's interesting in these economic times (Im starting to sound like my grandmother when she was my age) with business lights going off... left and right, that some of these folks don't understand the concept of take care of the customer and the customer will take care of you.

When I bought my HF mini and ordered a MT1 mandrel, cuz thats what the instructions said..... took it home and my heart sank.... didn't fit. My woodcraft guy loaned my his MT2 pen mandrel until the correct one came in and asked me if I thought his competition would do that. I responded, I didnt know who his competition was. And I have bought from him everytime I can because of that!