Whats going on with the price of planes

Rob Keeble

Anyone have any idea what is going on with the price of ebay planes?

I just been over there looking to see if there is anything to prick my interest and i just cannot believe the asking price or current bidding on a lot of the stuff.

Seems there is a lot of non Stanley stuff and all planes are going very high.

Anyone have any idea? Is it just winter and more attention to the ebay or has something happened I have no idea of.

By those prices we will all have to start looking at uping the insurance policy.:D

Seems to me that there have been several recent articles in WW magazines on restoring or dealing with hand planes.

That probably has something to do with it.

Also, Ebay prices - on nearly everything - seem to go up for a while just after Christmas. Must be all that Christmas gift money burning holes in pockets...:D

Can somebody gift me some??? :rofl::rofl:

I've been following planes prices and they went really down during the firs half of 2011 I guess it was the crisis, and I noticed as well that there were not so many for sale. I guess that owners or tool dealers were holding them to increase demand.

During that time I could see several 605 bedrocks being sold for40-50$ when usually they never go under 100$:dunno:

I guess its a little of all of the above. Had thought that perhaps one of these large hangers of pure tool collectors stuff in the USA had been liquidated and made its way onto the market.

Guess thats just ebay for you.:dunno::(