Franklin, Indiana information

All of you around/near Franklin, Indiana. Requesting some information on motels, diners, hardware stores, etc.. Finishing up some details while waiting on the official okey dokey from the administrators on attending a class at Marc Adam's school of woodworking. Trying to get all permission locked in, so I can get my deposit to them for the June 13th class on woodturning. So, need some info, not a big tourist, would rather see workshops and farms than tourist traps. All information will be appreciated.

Jonathan, I don't know anything about Indiana, but this is everything useful I could find. I hope this helps. :) I didn't bother listing the woodworking stores because I figured you'll hear about those in class.

Here is info from the Chamber of Commerce there.

Here are some reasonably reliable restaurant ratings there. Hotels/Motels there.

Things to do there.

And don't forget the nice quilting store. :D :D :D

Aside from the woodworking school, it doesn't look like much of a hotspot for any kind of activities.

I looked up Franklin Indiana on Wikipedia, and it said "See Podunk Indiana for more information". :huh: :p

I was kind of hoping to find a few family members in the area that I could do my own trek. Taking a cue from our ambassador. Guess I'll just stay focused and hermit like at the school. :thumb:

Its only a short drive back up to Indianapolis. When I went to Franklin for work, we stayed in Greenfield which is right of 465. But from what I've heard they work you pretty hard at the school so you might not have much free time.

There used to be on item of interest in Franklin.
It was (is?) in a big store (or small shopping mall). It is a large, completely useless, sorta Rube Goldberg, sorta perpetual motion machine that uses bowling balls that go up, down, around in a ceaseless :treadmill: idiot's delight dance. You (not me :rolleyes: ) can just stand and watch it for hours.:drool: And your wife could stand back wondering why you are doing that. :stupid:
Welcome to Franklin, Indiana

Housing at Mark Adams

http://marcadams.com/lodging.pdf

I went to a woodturning course at Marc Adams a few years ago. I had to stay at a motel about 5 miles away. The program was excellent. Would recommend. I believe he may also have a list of residences which offer lodging. You definitely should call. They are very nice people. You will be surprised how big the school is.

Thanks Kyle. We have been a little busy here in the Midwest with a little weather situation. School let out early Tuesday, no school Wed or Thurs, two hour delay tomorrow. For us bus drivers so we are driving in daylight and can see drifts ahead! Waiting for my administration to give me the okay on this being eligible for my recertification. Otherwise, money being tight here at home (yep we pay our own way) I will have to find someother class to take.