This is for you Southwood

Yesterday I took a little trip to Morgantown W.Va to visit the MAN ! Keith Casteel noted Gun Builder. Look him up on Google. Keith helped me with my 1st gun 27 years ago. We have Camped together and been friends for life. Keith just finished this Flint Lock for a Author , collector who is writing a book on the 10 top gun makers in the US. I needed to have a Lock converted back to a Flint lock for the restoration of the Gun I'm working on for a customer and so this was a perfect opportunity to take a trip and visit my ole Friend. So I have a few picks to share with you all. I can not show them all you'll have to buy the book.

Attachments

• photo9.jpg
    photo9.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 46
  • photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
You got me drooling. Stunning engraving. Would love to see the rest of the gun. Maybe I should send my fowler parts to him to be finished. I've only been waiting six years with the current builder.

Frank Keith is so backed up with work. He told me the reason he stopped going to encampments was because of the attention he got. He never had a moment to himself. A friend went along with me to have a broken Old Flinter repaired and Keith graciously took it and said it will be done in a couple of weeks. On the ride home My friend said I know it was only because of you that he accepted the small job, Thank You. I can give you his address. or you can get it off line. I saw his line up for guns to build for the year and Ya I'd say he is busy.
Frank Keith has a few books out the one just titled "Keith Casteel" would be a awesome book for any collecting. $40.00 Tell him I sent you :wave: