Colossal Storm

As usual :eek: I spoke too soon yesterday. Storm system will be further north is what they are saying now. Our local forecast says we will have a "powerful major winter storm" hit us. One forecast says today, another tomorrow. :dunno: Pretty dark and cloudy right now. Supposedly no major ice, just snow. The ice is predicted to hit hard in Missouri though. Paul, Jay, are you guys ready?
My generator is ready, we should be OK. I'll stock up on some provisions today but that's it. Other than that, put on snuggies and sit it out.

Got up this morning and it was clear, but was misting my the time I left for work. Sounds like we're expecting freezing rain all day and maybe turning to snow by the time I head home. Talking like up to 15" by the time it's over. Will be cold enough that they are expecting blowing and drifting snow for several days after that. :rolleyes:

Brightest sun we have had in ages this morning but it isn't supposed to last for long. I put a new motor on the snowblower Friday. Already got about 3 hours on it cleaning up what had suit for a few days. Supposed to get some more uise this week.

The motor was one of those clone motors from China bought at Harbor freight for 109.00. SO far it sure runs sweet..

I notice a lot of my chains are stretched pretty bad and there aren't any adjustments. I guess that happens when the base machine has out lasted two engines! Thats the chains that drive things not the tire chains....

As usual :eek: I spoke too soon yesterday. Storm system will be further north is what they are saying now. Our local forecast says we will have a "powerful major winter storm" hit us. One forecast says today, another tomorrow. :dunno: Pretty dark and cloudy right now. Supposedly no major ice, just snow. The ice is predicted to hit hard in Missouri though. Paul, Jay, are you guys ready?
My generator is ready, we should be OK. I'll stock up on some provisions today but that's it. Other than that, put on snuggies and sit it out.

I'm getting ready. It has started to mist here and the temp is on its way down. It is suppose start getting bad late today.

I just came back from Wal-Mart. Was getting a few provisions in case of storm. The crowd there made Christmas shopping look puny in comparison.
Yep, some mist in air here also. About all I haven't done is park truck up the hill, about a quarter mile away and start up the ATV. The ATV hasn't run in six months and really doesn't do well in snow so I'm not going to worry about it. If we can't get out we just won't go anywhere. I'll stay in flannel pajamas and fuzzy slippers.

Found out Friday evening that I won't be drivin' for at least a week. Doc said it would be safer for other folks on the road and safer for me. If we have to go somewhere, swmbo will be doin the drivin'. Got a follow up tpday at 4:15 and the snows already comin' down. Better half don't like drivin' in snow, but it can't be helped.

Talk to ya later.

Bruce

My area is pretty much in the clear now. 2 inch of rain, as the freeze line shifted way north now. 52 F tomorrow around 8 PM then dropping to 20F. Still interesting to say the least.

If you are in the path, take care.

Don,

Mother Nature isn't *talking* to me... She's screaming at me! ;)

Says here we're getting a quarter inch of ice tomorrow. That's a lot of ice 'round these parts, trees will fall, power lines, yikes!

I think she's saying "Go west, young man!" But it's hard to tell through all these storms... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

I'd imagine that it will provide plenty of inspiration for more of your poetry Bill.

That being said, We are feeling left out of all the weather talk. Been about a month and a half since we had any winter weather. Got 1/100th of an inch on sunday, but that's barely even spitting...

Time to start watering the trees in winter...

What was supposed to hit us last night didn't. Whew!
Temps are still in mid-30's not enough to freeze. But, it is raining and forecast (again) is for temps to drop and for snow. Not looking forward to it.

Just found out that they are shutting down the institute for the day...was told to be gone by 10:30...looks like I may get some shop time in today after all...If I can make it home. ;) :wave:

Last night's 3~5" of predicted snow turned out to be only about 1½", so that's good. But now they're saying that we'll be getting ½~1" of ice tonight. I'd rather have had the snow instead... Generator is fueled and ready, just in case the ice does come, and does cause the usual line outages.