Colossal Storm

I'll take 2 feet of snow over any ice...hope it ends soon for you Frank!

We are in a blizzard warning and school is getting out early. That means an early out for me too to go get the girl home. A nice fire, movies and popcorn for this afternoon are in order! :thumb:

Just got home from work. The snow wasn't all that bad, it was the wind and blowing snow that is making it hard to see. Once I got off the highway it was 12" drifts about every 10' like a wash board. had about 18" across part of the driveway, nothing on the other half. Hope you all keep your power on and stay warm. :wave:

we freezing drizzle on and off today, expect alot of frozen ice rain tonight till the morning when it changes over.
me and the bride were going out to dinner before, but when she slipped on the ice that built up on the trucks step up, we decided to just go a few blocks and pizza it was.

WhenI went to work this morning it was 70 degrees and now it's 27 and supposed to go down some more. Almost forgot to turn the pool pump on and the dogs water bowl is frozen already. I grew up in this type of weather but you'all can keep it.

Freezing rain started a couple hours ago. Got about a quarter inch of ice coating everything right now, and supposed to continue through the night. I'm betting on some long term power outages before this is done...:(:(:(:eek::eek:

About a minute ago the ice storm hit here. Building rapidly. Probably a 1/4" in under five minutes. Portends very bad news.

I don't envy you folks in the midst of an ice storm, nor make light of it............BUT..............THINK OF ALL THE FREE TURNING BLANKS that will be available soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

We didn't and shouldn't get much for snow, just working our way down to -20 or so....

Last edited:
We started out with freezing rain last night. Late this morning it changed to sleet (good thing) for most of the day; now it's back to freezing rain. Must be getting to be 1" or more of freezing rain and sleet built up. The lights flickered some this morning early and stayed on until about 8:00 this evening. Kudos to Hendricks Power Cooperative crews for good service. Power was restored at 9:35, and we haven't had any problems since. It's been pretty windy to add to the mixture--not a good combination. So far, we are fine. We had plenty of warning and most everyone was prepared. Power companies had extra crews from other areas in place before it hit.

Upon further reading, that satellite pic is also showing a lot of non-storm clouds and snow on the ground. Here's a bit different look at the storm areas...

984edc5c.jpg

We dodged the bullet.
That ice storm I reported lasted only about half an hour. Had a couple more brief episodes then very light snow the rest of the evening. Have a total of about 1/2" on the ground. Got very-very lucky.
Springfield, MO, about 150 miles north of us got clobbered.
Dunno how badly Paul and Jay got buried, they live in the Springfield area. If Jay doesn't post soon I'll Skype him.

Well we got almost 12" here didn't have as much ice as they thought so thats good. Sun is shinning today but colder than all get out 6 deg now with a high today of 12 maybe, they say. Not sure what the windchill is right now.

To cold to work in the shop even with the heat running all night on high. That makes for a long day guess I will just have to go cook something. I feel like I'm a biscuit low. :rofl::rofl: