73°FCurrent: Cloudy
Wind: W at 5 mph
Humidity: 14%
Sun 70° | 40°

Mon 61° | 34°

Tue 61° | 29°

Wed 54° | 27°

20 degrees temp swing in 3 days...:eek:

I hope you're ordering better weather before I get down there the week after next. Of course I'll take 50 degree weather after what we've had here. ;)

Great job on the handle Glenn and good find on the wood source. I've used the copper caps before for some that I made a few years back on some wood carving handles, they work great. :thumb:

I hope we all get some better weather soon as we're all getting a little WEIRD :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::chair::bounce::bliss::pullhair::woohoo:

This is kind of an unofficial motto here in Portland. You see it on Bumper stickers, walls and various places around town.

attachment.php

Attachments

• KeepPortlandWeird.jpg
    KeepPortlandWeird.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 73
Keep Portland Wierd

I have lectured in most of the 48 states. If I was forced to live in a city, Portland would be my choice. It is a great place to be---in spite of it's terrible weather.
Over the years I have spent many periods in Portland; periods ranging from 3 to 10 days at a shot.
I assume that the wood workers have to de-humidify their entire shops.

Enjoy,

Jim

I have lectured in most of the 48 states. If I was forced to live in a city, Portland would be my choice. It is a great place to be---in spite of it's terrible weather.
Over the years I have spent many periods in Portland; periods ranging from 3 to 10 days at a shot.

Enjoy,

Jim

so thats why yu are the way yu are, yu have acquired almost every affliction known to man...:rofl: and vaughn gave yu the worst one recently:)

Enjoy,

Jim

You must be talking about Portland, Maine. Portland, Oregon has wonderful weather! It is a vibrant, active city with a rich resource of woodworkers, woodworking tool makers and people who know what good weather is.:thumb::D

Enjoy,

Jim

I grew up just north of the Columbia river in the Vancouver Washington area. Dad had a 20'x 50' shop with craft paper over the studs & cedar lap siding over it & a concrete floor no insulation & a 50 gallon barrel stove. He kept the tool tops waxed we never had a problem with rust.

It really sucks - the money out of your wallet. I started by purchasing a lathe last February - it was delivered on my birthday... kind of cool. With the lathe and every thing else I have over $2500 into it and I am no where near finished - more like just getting started.

I havent given up flat work. I have a cabinet project going for my neighbor right now. I'll post pictures this weekend.