W.I.P. Kitchen Island

Bryan Cowing

Swmbos Christmas gift, finally getting to it.:dunno: She likes the one in the pic, settled on a size of 30 w x 43 L, 36H. Stained dark walnut to match the kitchen. I got started on milling up 5/4 ash, printed out the leg pattern to use in the Vega copier.
westbury_kitchen_island.jpg

IMG_3971-2.JPG

Something tells me you're gonna knock this one out of the park (as usual), Bryan. Looking forward to watching it progress. :thumb:

Swmbos Christmas gift, finally getting to it.:dunno: She likes the one in the pic, settled on a size of 30 w x 43 L, 36H. Stained dark walnut to match the kitchen. I got started on milling up 5/4 ash, printed out the leg pattern to use in the Vega copier.
View attachment 53715

View attachment 53716

Bryan,
Look forward to seeing this build! What is the piece of equipment in the background of the first pic? The large (looks big in the photo) yellow thingymabob..:huh: I'm probably just not recognizing something common... Thanks!

Just took a look at some of your other pics, is this a type of adjustable height work bench, or some other type of tool you use as a workbench, a lift of some sort? Looks neat.

Last edited:
Bryan,
Look forward to seeing this build! What is the piece of equipment in the background of the first pic? The large (looks big in the photo) yellow thingymabob..:huh: I'm probably just not recognizing something common... Thanks!

Just took a look at some of your other pics, is this a type of adjustable height work bench, or some other type of tool you use as a workbench, a lift of some sort? Looks neat.
Mini Max L55 cantilever stroke sander. Gets used mostly as my workbench. Drum sander gets more use now except for large items. Electric lift table is handy. see my avatar, stroking a raised panel.
IMG_3929-1.jpg