Why we make the BIG MONEY

That is more than finewooddworking it is a true artist at work. I,m sure most of us look at that as a real insperation .

Per, I messed up on my first post so will try again. That is not just finewoodworking , it is a true artist at work. That quality of work is a real insperation to all of us.

Thanks again everybody,

Filled it with epoxy and voila, nutin to it.

Per

That's got to win an award for understatement of the year or something. ;)

Per - that's a really incredible project with very beautiful work. It's kind of like watching Tiger Woods play golf... he makes it look easy. Wonder why it just doesn't work out that easy for the rest of us. :huh:

Have a great time on your trip!:wave:

Folks,

First, thank you very much for your kind words.

Makes me blush.

But do your selves a favor, go back and look at the photo of

the bar proper. When you dissect it, really it's nothing more then

a very large finish carpentry job. OK huge.

But nothing more, except maybe the little elk doodad.

Now what makes the room work is that Fibonacci fella.

We used 1,2,3,5. Kinda like a code. That goes for the widths and lengths

and to the number of elements.

So, what I am saying sure it looks great but if you think for

one minute that if you have gotten this far and joined a woodworking forum

have a couple a tools and maybe trimmed a coupla doors.......

OK, you do need a unlimited supply of Mahogany and budget.

That you couldn't do this too.

Go on look...break it down into sub assembly's, I ain't lyin.

Thanks so much, but don't sell yourselves short.

Per

Per there is a lot of wisdom in those words. I noticed that in my younger years when building a house I'd get overwhelmed by the size of the house or complexities of the different roof angles etc...start stressing about things.

As I got older and had a few under my belt, I broke it down into smaller chunks which I found it was much easier to manage and not be so overwhelmed.

great explanation per. i understand what you mean, although it would take a few very big mistakes before i got something like that right.

i will say i understand what you mean about doing it in pieces. everytime i finish a kitchen, i stand back and look and think? did i do that? not that a kitchen full of cabinets compares to this type of work, but the thought process is the same, i have to break it all down into manageable parts and pieces. then it isn't so overwhelming.

thanks again for sharing you and bob's incredible work.

chris

Folks,

Now what makes the room work is that Fibonacci fella.

We used 1,2,3,5. Kinda like a code. That goes for the widths and lengths

and to the number of elements.

Per

Now there is a name i have not heard since college! Wow I am most definately going to try to use that in my next design meeting....lets see I have a conference call tomorrow morning with my MEP engineers, the client and my client's leasee's I wonder how I could sneak it in there :huh:

Great work Per.

Add another :thumb: from the peanut gallery, Per. Great job on all counts, and sage advice, too. You should keep Bob around...he makes you look good. :D Have a great vacation -- you deserve it. We'll be expecting postcards. :p

Hi All,

Title a little ostentatious?

Sorry. It was meant to be.

A simple, poor (not even close),ignorant redneck (absolutely),

Just needed to show how we in the proletariat struggle by.

Golly, I didn't know that "ignorant rednecks" used such words as "ostentatious" or "proletariat". :D

But seriously, very impressive work, and on a grand scale too. Enjoy your well earned trip.

Dan

Per - that's beautiful work. Makes doing a piece of furniture seem kind of small.

In looking at the pictures you posted, I'm assuming that you did all the woodwork in the picture - the bar and everything behind the bar. When you do a job like that, where does the design come from? Do you do the design or is there a designer that does the design? Maybe someone who designs the whole theme of the bar/restaurant, including the chairs, tables, and the stuff hanging on the wall. Just wondering how a bar or restaurant gets designed.

Mike

Per

Thanks for the post and the quick explaination of the design process.

When you come back and get thawed out and have a few moments I know that I (and I suspect some of the rest of us) would appreciate a few more comments on how you used the Fib sequence in the layout.

You and your Dad do great work, thanks for taking the time to share it with us and for the encouraging words.

Don't break a leg!

Jay

Jay.

Thanks,

Mike,

I design them, my father draws them then we fight.

Including the lighting.

We give the customer a list of options for the under bar,

placement mostly, but wine coolers,mug coolers speed bars etc.

What you don't see is I frame them too.

This allows for speaker wire, high def flat panels...

you get the idea. Up to date. Hidden soda lines.

Remember Seinfelds Soup Nazi? You gotta be that way,

just a little nicer.

Basically our customers trust us. I guess they better.

The pictures really don't even do it justice. I saw it in person today. That level of detail just doesn't come across on film. The round fluted columns, with carvings on the base, the carved rosettes...I was like a kid in a candy store, between the woodwork and the cool tools I could have played all day.

Glad I got there before the big ski trip.:D