Hello from Kansas City, MO

Austin Reed

Hello, my name is Austin I'm out of Kansas City, on the Missouri side. Transplanted there about 30 years ago just before I got married.

I just found this place, or was refered to it from a gentleman on another forum. I had mentioned box making and how I wanted to get into that type of work. I've been a turner for about 7 years making a variety of things, salt/pepper mills, pens, martial arts items, and just moved over into some limited flat work. I've always been a fan of nice wood boxes and so that's my next venture, I hoped I may be able to find some guidance here.

I look forward to picking your collective brains, thanks for having me.

Austin

:wave:

Welcome Austin, this is a great place to hang out! Lots of good knowledgeable people here. Wood boxes you say?????? Well there seems to be a good amount in them here. In fact we just started a friendly box swap project. You just missed the cut off date for it but you will be able to see the results of it in a few weeks when they are all done. I myself am new to them too so many of us will enjoy them along with you.
Welcome

Tom

Welcome aboard, Austin. :wave:

Wait...it was KERRY who told you about this place? Oh well, any friend of Kerry's is a...well...umm...err...welcome aboard anyway. :rolleyes: :rofl:

Welcome Austin, good to have ya:wave: man if you were just 2 days earlier we would have talked ya into the swap, no better way to learn than a swap, well anyway I hope ya follow along and enjoy the ride with the rest of us:)