Shop - Organizing the clamps, finally! + Shop Tour

Rob Damon

After years of clamps in corners and nooks and crannys, finally finished organizing them this weekend.I call it the "Wall of Bessey's".

Now if I can just get the rest of the shop organized.

Rob

Shop tour added at end of posts.

Attachments

• IMG00018sm.jpg
    IMG00018sm.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG00020sm.jpg
    IMG00020sm.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG00022sm.jpg
    IMG00022sm.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
After years of clamps in corners and nooks and crannys, finally finished organizing them this weekend.

Gee ... I'd say hyper-organizing them! That looks like a Bessey store display room or something. :eek:

(BTW ... I see a corner, but no nooks or crannys. I guess that's where you're keeping the rest of the stuff that needs to be organized? :rolleyes:)

General arrangement of the tools, but not connected to power or dust collection. The other half of the space has the workbench, RAS, 16" jointer, 5HP cyclone and other tools.

Rob

Attachments

• Sanders.jpg
    Sanders.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 248
  • Center.jpg
    Center.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Center1.jpg
    Center1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 243
  • Center2.jpg
    Center2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 234
HOLY COW ROB:eek: That is one incredible shop:thumb: Powermatic and Bessy need to use your shop in their ads AND give you royalties. WOW that is gotta be one great place to do your woodworking:thumb:

Clean? no choice.

When I get home from the day job and go out after dinner (supper), the LOML comes out to see what's being worked on and always gets the broom and dust pan out and sweeps up the piles shavings.

She will even go into the shop while I am at work during the day and sweep up. We both have sinus problems, so she is really into preventitive care. :thumb:

Rob

Beautiful. Just a really great showcase for some fine tools. The long mustard yellow fixture that runs along the wall that the clamps are setting on; is that a bulkhead or raceway for plumbing and electrical? Shallow drawers? I checked older threads but didn't find this. Just curious (of course) and once again, beautiful workspace.

The knee wall is for running electrical and air lines. Attached is a cross section of the knee wall.

Rob

Attachments

• kneewall Model.pdf
    9.7 KB · Views: 76
Ok i am speechless.:eek: But where is the dust collector or am i missing something. I you suffer from sinus and dust then sweeping aint a good solution its kicking up more of the dust.:dunno: