Ill ask one more time about shorts

allen levine

Im not going to make any cutting boards or small boxes anytime soon.
I need to start cleaning out shorts and strips.
I have a dozen different species.
Im not looking to post this as an insult to anyone, but if anyone is a box builder or cutting board type of woodworker, birdhouses, small stuff, I can give you enough shorts,(8-15 inches average,4/4-5/4 some more, some have splits you have to navigate around, some have fantastic grain).

Im also not going to use the ash I destroyed while resawing.(alot of wormholes) It will net 1/2 inch width now with planing, they are all 4 feet long, 6 inches wide, maybe 6 boards.

I also have alot of long strips, 1-2 inches wide, all different thickness.

I can give you 50, 100, 150 bf, whatever you need, or take it all. Im not looking at this like Im a good guy, just alot of shorts, tons of it, and its going to sit around till I trip over them and then toss them all.

Im 35 minutes from GW bridge and about 35 minutes from the Verrazano.(southwest nassau county)

Im around whenever, late night, early, weekends, no problems.

A picture so its clear what IM offering. Just an example in pics.the piece with marker on it is approx 6x11 inches

Attachments

• bed 251 (Medium).jpg
    bed 251 (Medium).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 66
I'm not that far and them sizes are what I use to repair a lot of furniture. I'll talk to Jarrod and see if he will make a trip up. We trashed our shorts when I down sized and I am missing having them.

Let me throw this in the mix . . .

I'm in NJ - close enough to Allen to make a pickup.

I'm heading to D.C. Presidents Weekend - weather permitting. I can do "snowbound" here in NJ - no need to experience it in DC. :rofl:

Dave is somewhere near D.C. if that the Beltway he's referring to.

I can probably carry a box or 2 of shorts on my journey without displacing one of the kids.

If we can figure out the logistics I'd be interested in helping out.

Any thoughts Dave?

Jim

well dave, theres white oak, birch, maple, sycamore, ash, walnut, mahogany, sapele, spanish cedar, and probably a few more I cant think of.
and jim knows where I am.

Last edited:
Allen, so Jim will pick the wood up and I'll meet him somewhere down here.

Jim Where ever is convenient for you to meet let me know. You can also come out to the shop for a visit if you would like.
Mt. Vernon is a great place to visit. Also if you get a chance in Old Town Alexandra you have an artist community housed in the Torpedo Factory. That's a great place to visit. Also a good spot is Ireland Zone, Irish Pub, I think they have lunch down there.
Hotel prices drop drastically outside DC if you would like any suggestions.

well allen that sure worked out well for all involved you can box up your cut offs and jim will take them to dave and get to meet a great guy for his trouble a free meal:) jim make sure yu have dave take you to a dairy queen he is addicted to dairy queens:)

Hey -

I don't even need a free meal (nor do my 71 kids - though they are a hungry bunch :rofl: ).

Allen gave me some wood last spring and I was delighted. It's time to pay that favor forward. The planets aligned and this seems like this transfer will work out.

We'll just need to jam the kids in around the wood in the minivan and off we go!

Cheers

Jim

Jim, I have alot of duct tape(pink duct tape), tons of bungee cords, and a few extra tensioning straps, so if you run out of room, think Beverly Hillbillies.

Allen I am almost positive that Jim's wife is not going to ride to DC in a rocking chair strapped to the roof of the minny van.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

well, between jim and another local guy, Im pretty much cleaned out now and I appreciate it.
I almost got jim to take a wagon full of kindling, but hes smarter than me.
Although I forced him to take a couple hundred peghooks, told him thats the rule, visit me, take a couple of hundred peghooks.
Maybe dave can hang up some of his stuff with them. Im down to the last 1000, so thats good.
I also tried to convince Jim to take some old sheets of pegboard, why not, hang up some stuff, but like I said, he was on to me.
I hope jim stays in the box trade, I think he has enough to make a small box.

Attachments

• bed 254 (Medium).jpg
    bed 254 (Medium).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited: