A couple of clocks

Bob Gibson

Been busy making new jigs and trying to reorganize the shop. So I haven't done any bigger pieces lately.

The first one is an adaptation of the green & green style. It was for my daughter Liz's birthday. She was looking for a clock to sit on thop of the secretary desk I made her. Made of walnut with figured maple accents. The panel or tile is ambrosia maple. I'm not sure I like the tile but she loves it.

The second one was for my grand daughter Abby's 5th birthday. She is really into Cinderella and this design looks a bit like one of the characters in the movie. I got an extra hug and kiss for making this.:D

These were kind of fun to make but I really like making furniture better. Next project is a wine cabinet/table for my daughter Melissa. It will use up my supply of beautiful Michigan chocolate ;);)

100_3887 (600 x 400).jpg

100_3886 (600 x 400).jpg

100_3885 (600 x 400).jpg

100_3912 (600 x 400) abbys clock.jpg

100_3913 (600 x 400) abbys clock 2.jpg

As always comments good, bad or indifferent are always appreciated.

Love both of them Bob! Very well done. I imagine they will both be treasured by the recipients! :thumb: :thumb:

Last edited:
Getting paid with hugs and kisses - that's what it's all about! Very nice job on both clocks. Maple and walnut were made to accent each other. Excellent choice.

Both clocks look great Bob, but the clock for your granddaughter is an automatic smile-maker. :thumb: Well done on both. :clap:

well done bob and i too like the cinderaeela one ,, maybe i do have some kid left in me:) good use of some ugly chocolate:) looking forward to the next project out of it:D:thumb::thumb:

This are really cool Bob, would have loved to follow along on the build though. Would have inspired another project though so lucky i only got to see the end pics.:)

Customers must be delighted with them. What a fine present.:thumb::thumb::thumb: