Note for the Women Members Among Us

C'mon now, I know you're out there! There have been lots of new women registered in the last few months.......:thumb:

Come out of lurk-dom! Post! Introduce yourselves! Show us your work! Ask your questions! Answer others' questions! Let's hear from you, don't be shy...............:) :wave: :thumb: This is a kind and generous group here, and all skill levels are welcome.

Last edited:
+1 several times:huh: I really am impressed by the few ladies I've "met" since joining this fine group. So don't be shy....step up and say Hi! (Dang...I'm a poet too):rofl: Seriously, we welcome everyone of any skill level. Join in and learn as well as teach. There's always room for more.:thumb:

we have taken and turned cynthia into our poster lady for womens rights here.. she can tell you all that any question isnt a dumb one and that she has gotten loads of help from many of us..we dont know it all but as group have alot to offer.. we as in the forum dont tolerate any bad mouthing of another publicly here and so dont be afraid that you wouldnt be accepted..:wave::wave:

This link is to a new blog by Dianne Roberts of Port Townsend. In it she is recording her adventures in taking a woodworking class at the Port Townsend School of Woodworking. The class is a 3 month intensive Foundation Course in woodworking. There are 2 other women taking the class. Although I did not have the opportunity of meeting Dianne, I did meet the other two last month when my wife and I volunteered to help get the school's shop ready for this years classes. Like Dianne they had no previous experience in woodworking but just decided it was something they wanted to do.

I find her blog to be very interesting, some because I know the founders of the school, but mostly because I find her joy of discovering woodworking to be a tonic to my own interest. I did know of Dianne before her Blog, because she is married to Jim Whittaker, the first American on Mount Everest and she has her own history in mountaineering.

http://www.woodworkwoman.com/

I hope some may find some worth in her blog, I know I do.