One small step for man one giant leap for a 16 year old

Rob Keeble

Well i got great news and picture will follow as soon as i get it.

There is hope yet:rofl:
My son suprised today when he came home from school with a picture of a box he is making at school. He used the word rebate in the correct tense and meaning and went on to show he knew what it was. Then showed me a picture of a box with finger joints he said he made. I had to take a double take cause i aint even made one with finger joints myself. Being the skeptical old man ( with an acute knowledge of this guys ability to tell a story) i said so how did you do it? on the table saw with dado?, no he said I set up the router:eek:.
To which i said very cool how do you do that. Well he explained the whole setup to a T i was just checking to see if he had or the teacher had but he had alright. I think he thought he was in interrogation with the secret police so he was in fess up mode.

I gotta say it made me very happy to see this progress. I told him so and now i could nearly :champagne:

When i tell his grandfather about this there will be loads of smiles and happiness and i am sure if his great grandfather could see him he would be even happier that the hands have been passed down.

Of course when i asked about use it was targeted at keeping the Xbox and it accessories safe but i dont mind that now.:)

I will sleep like a baby tonight after this news.:D:rofl::rofl:

And now you are going to have to share your shop with him! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

And we all know what that means. :thumb:
The sharpest chisel in the shop will be used for scraping glue. Or better yet driven through a 16P nail embedded in that piece of wood he is using.:thumb:
That really fancy wood hidden on the top shelf will be ripped up and used for waster blocks to glue up a pine table top.:thumb:
Than there is the day you go out and find all 60 of the teeth on that high end blade on the table saw are gone. To than find out he ripped up a bunch of nail embedded 2x for a project.:thumb::thumb:
Oh yes the fun has begun:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Rob "where is the Rob Cosman dove tail saw?"
Son "Um I don't know"
Rob when was the last time you used it"
Son" Um ah last week out at the tree house"
Rob" Is it still out in the tree house"
Son" I'll go check"
10 minutes later son comes back with a rusty object that kinda looks like a saw. "Is this it"
Rob turns red and passes out:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The sharpest chisel in the shop will be used for scraping glue. Or better yet driven through a 16P nail embedded in that piece of wood he is using.:thumb:
That really fancy wood hidden on the top shelf will be ripped up and used for waster blocks to glue up a pine table top.:thumb:
Than there is the day you go out and find all 60 of the teeth on that high end blade on the table saw are gone. To than find out he ripped up a bunch of nail embedded 2x for a project.:thumb::thumb:
Son "Um I don't know"
Son" I'll go check"
10 minutes later son comes back with a rusty object that kinda looks like a saw. "Is this it"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh and my personal fav. Driving a file into the lawn just about the same height as the grass. Good times till dad found it with the lawn mower.:thumb::chair::chair:

Son "Um I don't know"
Son" I'll go check"

BTDT...:(

CONGRATS Rob,, glad you got a moment in this life to see where there is some light at the end of the tunnel.. now can you imagine having a wood shop class and have a nice shop to come home to!!!! i would have been in heaven at that time in my life if i had one to work in once i got home..keep feeding him wood chips and curlies rob.. its payun off great dividends