One small step for man one giant leap for a 16 year old

My son [...] came home from school with a picture of a box he is making at school. [...] Then showed me a picture of a box with finger joints he said he made.

Cool! Will they fit in flat-rate shipping boxes? (Rats ... too late for the swap. :()

I gotta say it made me very happy to see this progress. I told him so and now i could nearly :champagne:

CONGRATS to the popping-proud papa and his prolific pup! :thumb:

Congrats Rob.... my son is old enough to be your son's dad.. but he took an interest in wood working after he got out of the army... didn't stay with it though.. work got in the way and he'd rather play war games on the computer now, but he used to make cross bows in the living room of his apartment, then took up wood turning for a short while.. before he gave me his little lathe.... I only saw a couple of his pens, but he did make some Primo cross bows... mostly by hand.

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Chuck i think you were refering to what my Dad had to go through with me.:rofl::rofl: I could have kept a bandsaw company going with the number of bandsaw blades i broke.

I think i drove him crazy. Drill bits were my speciality. You mean normal twist drills are not used for concrete.:D:rofl::rofl:

Actually come to think of it now we drove each other crazy.

Told the old guy this morning and he was estatic.

My fear is a passing phase but everyone has got to start somewhere and school was huge influence in my life. I am only too happy he is using his hands to do something other than manage a controller or hit them tiny keys on the Black Berry.:)