Organizer box

Jim DeLaney

Staff member
I keep misplacing my reference blocks in the drawer, so I decided to make a little storage box for them. The box is walnut and curly maple, and it holds my 1/8 thru 1/2 inch bars, and my 1-2-3 blocks. The box is about 4½" X 7" X 1½, with brass hinges and a small spring latch.

Attachments

• DSCN0723 (Custom).JPG
    DSCN0723 (Custom).JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN0722 (Custom).JPG
    DSCN0722 (Custom).JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN0721 (Custom).JPG
    DSCN0721 (Custom).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 90
Very cool Jim.

I've got a little set of the brass bars, and use them for setting height on the TS and Router Table.

I've seen reference blocks like that before but never picked up a set. What do you typically use those for?

Very cool Jim.

I've got a little set of the brass bars, and use them for setting height on the TS and Router Table.

I've seen reference blocks like that before but never picked up a set. What do you typically use those for?

I use them pretty much the same way you do, Brent. Setting up machine tables and cutters. 1-2-3 blocks are one inch thick, two inches wide, and three inches long, so added to the brass bars, you can get nearly any ,measurement - in 1/16" intervals - from 1/8" up thru 4".

Cool idea and nicely done. As to those who don't have them or rarely use them; embrace the 'setup block mentality'. I use them for all sorts of things and they are quick, reliable and repeatable. Off setting for finger joints, height setting for bits, gap spacing for the TS, RT and DP, etc. etc. etc.