Where do you buy Timberwolf bandsaw blade

I just call them and order. They are good about recommendations for your saw size and purpose. My standard arsenal is 3/4" 2-3T for resaw, 1/4" 7T and 12T for curves IIRC. I keep 2 of each around and as one starts to age I order another so I always have a backup.

The Timberwolf blades are good blades, but for about the same price as a single Timberwolf, I get three or so of the flexback 3tpi hook tooth blades from Ellis. In my experience, the Ellis blades are as good or better than the Timberwolf blades - and I've gone through a number of both - just one third the price. They do have a minimum $50 order, and you have to do it over the phone (no web ordering), but for the cost of two or three Timberwolf blades you can get 8 or 9 Ellis blades. Bandsaw blades are expendables like sandpaper, so having a few on hand is not a bad thing. ;)

The Timberwolf blades are good blades, but for about the same price as a single Timberwolf, I get three or so of the flexback 3tpi hook tooth blades from Ellis. In my experience, the Ellis blades are as good or better than the Timberwolf blades - and I've gone through a number of both - just one third the price. They do have a minimum $50 order, and you have to do it over the phone (no web ordering), but for the cost of two or three Timberwolf blades you can get 8 or 9 Ellis blades. Bandsaw blades are expendables like sandpaper, so having a few on hand is not a bad thing. ;)

I just looked at their website... I didn't see a pricing guide or price list... do you know if they have one on line or do I need to call for prices??

I just looked at their website... I didn't see a pricing guide or price list... do you know if they have one on line or do I need to call for prices??
You need to call for prices. As I recall, the 105 inch 1/2" 3tpi flexback blades were somewhere between $7 and $8 each when I last purchased from them. And like I said, they have a minimum order, but they do allow you to mix different blades so you can get a variety.

Tom i think the Tiberwolf is the same as Tufftooth anyhow just for another reference we have a place here in Canada called R&D Bandsaws. And they do a special every now and then take a look if you interested. I had good luck with the last lot of got from them but thats because of shipping fees for me.

Vaughn, I just called Ellis to place an order and wanted to update this thread. A 105 inch length, 1/4 inch flexback 4 tooth hook blade costs $24.35 as quoted by the gentelman on the phone. So that is not much savings over the Timberwolf blades. He did say there was a $50.00 minimum. I decided to pass and will probable just order the Timberwolf blades instead.

UPDATE: I just ordered blades from this place that has a BUY 2 get 1 free deal going on right now. so that's bout as good as I'm going to find right now.
http://www.suffolkmachinery.com

Last edited:
Tom, that is a great special. I just bought 93.5 inch, 1/2" 3 positive claw timberwolf from Grizzly. The main reason I get it from Grizzly is I can walk or drive over there and get one. Beats waiting for delivery.

Here is the link to the first page of the catalog for the timberwolfs. Click to next pages to see different sizes.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2011/Main/118

Vaughn, I just called Ellis to place an order and wanted to update this thread. A 105 inch length, 1/4 inch flexback 4 tooth hook blade costs $24.35 as quoted by the gentelman on the phone...

Dang. :eek: That's a HUGE change from what I paid about a year and a half ago.

Edited to add...

OK, I just called Ellis, and Tom, the guy you talked to was confused. He quoted you a price for a bimetal blade, not the flexback. Here's the scoop I got:

1/4" 4tpi x 105" flexback: List price $10.74, selling price $8.38
1/2" 3tpi x 105" flexback: List price $11.32, selling price $8.79
1/4" 10/14tpi x 105" bimetal: List price $31.xx (I missed the number he said), selling price $24.35

So there ya go. ;)

thanks vaughn,, for clearing that up now i dont have to:) and suffolk does carry the the timberwolf blades..i had one and it didnt last long enough to make it worth the differnce in price.. but they do carry other products that are good as well..

Yep Vaughn, that is indeed the price he gave me. I told him I was a woodworker. Well...I had to believe he was giving me a correct price at the time. Too bad too because I had credit card in hand ready to order from them.
Oh well...I will keep them in mind for next time......like you said before...blades are expendables....I will need more eventually.
Glad you were able to set this straight. I don't like passing on bad information.

...Glad you were able to set this straight. I don't like passing on bad information.

Me too. I've been preaching about Ellis for a while, and wanted to know if I needed to change my tune. :D

I believe some woodworkers do use the bimetal blades. They last a lot longer, especially when cutting very hard woods. So that's probably why the guy quoted a price on that one. (I suspect Ellis sells more to metal shops than woodworkers, so the bimetal blades are their best sellers.

Well, I read this yesterday with "some" interest, and kind of put it in the back of my memory. Started cutting out some Irish Setter silhouettes today to use on the agility jumps at our Irish Setter National Specialty in May, cut out the prototype out of some 1/4" ash ply scrap I had on hand to use as my pattern. Drew out the first 5 on the 1/2" Baltic Birch and got about two thirds the way through cutting out the first one and BANG! Broke my one and only 1/4" blade. :doh: So I need blades now!!:D
Now my question, Vaughn. What days and hours is Ellis open to take orders...do you know? I don't see the hours on the web site, only the phone number and to call to order. You'd think they would put their business hours on there. Thanks! Jim.

Last edited:
Not sure about their hours, Jim, but I'm guessing it's regular business hours...something like 8:00 to 5:00 weekdays. I also suspect the bulk of their business is to commercial clients like machine shops and the like. I agree with you, though...they should have their hours on the website, even if they're not trying to generate web business.

jim i believe vaughn is correct,, and if you need to order more than yu want for the fifty min order perhaps i can deliver one or two to some on the tour this march april..

I got my order of blades this week. WOW! My saw cuts like butter now.:clap: I took the time to go through my manual and read all the set up procedures and saw a couple things that needed adjusted.
I've been known to try to use blades that are WAY past their prime. Not any more. I got three blades with this order but I will order from Ellis next time. There is no substitute for sharp blades.

Thanks Larry, but I was really wanting to use the good weather this weekend to get these cut out...guess not. :( I'll be ordering some this week. Locally I can only get 142" blades, and I need 143" minimum, 145" max. There used to be a blade sharpener in SW Fort Worth that would custom cut and weld bandsaw blades. Never used him. Doesn't pop up on a web search, but will be getting out this afternoon and may try to find him to see if he is still in business. Jim.

edit: Larry, I just reread your post about delivering some blades on to others. I read it wrong the first time, sorry. No, I'll be able to get a variety of blades that I would want to keep, probably 3 of the 1/4", a 1/2", and maybe a 1" for resawing. Depending on the prices of them for the length I need. Jim.

Last edited:
Vaughn, another question. What are their shipping prices like? Reasonable? I'll probably order just enough to get to the 50.00 minimum order. Thanks again. Jim.

edit. Tom, I should have asked you...how are Suffolk's pricing compared to say Woodcraft's on the same blades? And their shipping? Again, thanks for the help. Jim.

Last edited:
Jim, as I recall, the shipping from Ellis was reasonable. It was either a Flat Rate box or something else comparably priced.

Another local blade source you might look into is the welding supply places. I remember when I lived in Albuquerque, Rio Grande Welders Supply sold band saw blades to any length, and welded them to order. These kinds of shops cater to the metal workers, but they might have some wood cutting tooth profiles available, too.