Where do you buy Timberwolf bandsaw blade

Yes, there is a place here that sells Lennox blades. With my work schedule, it makes it impossible to go to these places because they aren't open on Saturdays. I took a long lunch Friday to go pick up a sheet of BB ply. I just hate to be away from work when I know I'm supposed to be there. But, that is a good suggestion. Jim.

Jim I took advantage of their "buy 2 --get 1 free" offer so I got three blades shipped to me. I think the shipping was like $7.19. My 105 inch blades were $19.29???? I don't have the invoice here in front of me but these prices are very close. How does that compare to Woodcraft? I think they want $27.00 or so for same blade. My closest Woodcraft is over an hour drive so it would cost me nearly $10.00 in gas to drive there.

I would like to try the Ellis blades next time. Vaughn says they are good blades so ya gotta trust him. :thumb:

OK, placed an order with Ellis. 144" length, 1/4" are 10.12 ea, 1/2" 10.72 ea, and 1" 16.60 each. He thought shipping would be 10-11 bucks. Will ship out today. Fast and easy to talk to on the phone. Hopefully I'll like the blades too! They have to be better than the Olsons that came with my saw!! Jim.

hey tom and jim .. i also use the blades from ellis,, i just let vaugh do the sale part he's better at it than me.. and he got the info for them form tod just as i did.. they are good folks to deal witha dn the shipping is quick and reasonable.. they will actually talk to you so that you are getting the right blade for the good if you ask.. :D:D:thumb:

Larry I think your probably right. The day I called I just think the person that I spoke with on the phone was not clear (maybe it was just me) as to what kind of blade I was looking for and he quoted me a much higher price for a different kind of blade. That's the only reason I looked elsewhere for blades. Believe me if you can squeeze and extra nickel out of a dollar I'm your man! This is why I tend to use my worn out blades to the very very end. However I have learned the value of a sharp blade and will have to learn to open my wallet when it comes to using sharp tools.

UPDATE!! Blades came in today!!!DSCN2821.jpg 3 days shipping, best I could have hoped for. Mounted one of the 1/4" and finished the cut on the first piece. WOW! Nice and easy. That old Olson blade must have been in really bad shape. You can see the burning on the head, and the line toward the tail...DSCN2822.jpg...the new blade's cut is between those. No burning at all. The bottom of the cut is cleaner also, still a little fuzz, but not bad.
And here is the first one. DSCN2823.jpg I think once I get the fuzzies cleaned off and come up with the right color stain, these will work very nicely. Thanks Vaughn for the nod to Ellis. I'll still try a Timberwolf one of these days, but I can't imagine they could be too much better, if any at all. Jim.

Glad to see you're happy with them, Jim. :thumb: So it looks like you got five blades at an average cost of a bit over $10 each. That's not too bad, huh? :D

Got home from our little weekend getaway a few minutes ago. Got the invoice from Ellis and shipping was $20.11. Adds $4.00 to the price of each blade. I thought that was a little high, especially when the guy on the phone said $10-$11. I know that was just shooting off the hip, but I was a little surprised. I will email them and leave it up to them if they want to do something about it. Not saying this would keep me from buying from them in the future, but it would have been nice to know a closer est when I placed the order. Anyone else that has ordered from them find this to be in line with what they paid? Jim.