Any WOOD Magazine subscribers?

Chris Hatfield

Former Member (by the member's request)
Wondering if you received your March issue yet. It's been at Lowe's for several weeks and I've been looking forward to this particular one.

Neighbors?
Nope it just comes.
When I started this ww business I once got a solicitation from WOOD mag. for a free trial subscription. I got a couple issues, decided it wasn't worth paying for, sent back the 'thanks but no thanks' card and figured that was the end of it.
It wasn't, seven years later I still get the magazine and haven't paid anything.
I also get a free magazine for varmint hunters called X-Treme Predator or some such thing. I bought some game call parts from an advertiser years ago and, apparently, also got a free lifetime subscription.
My wife gets almost a dozen free mags. I'm not sure how that started, she probably clicked on something on the 'net. But, in 15 years she has never been billed.
Reason is, the mag. publishers need high circulation numbers to keep the advertisers happy. That is more important to them than collection subscription fees.
Downside is that is a lot of waste. We toss about 30 lbs. of mags a month.

I filled out the form online. I'll have to check when my sub is supposed to expire, I think I got three years for $15 at one point.

It's a nice issue, I bought a replacement from the store before it sold out.