Bath Lighting ?????

Jerry Bruette

Doing a bath remodel and need some advice on the lighting. We'd like to put a can light above the new shower but I have no idea what size can or what wattage for the bulb...any help?:dunno:

Also we're thinking of putting can lights above the vanity, maybe two or three cans. Has anybody here ever done this and how do you like it?

Thanks
Jerry

I don't know about lights in the shower...I've seen lights in swimming pools so somethings got to be available. My old house had the fan and light right above the shower.

I didn't install a light, but did install a toaster in the shower for my mother in-law so she can 'save time in the morning' by cooking her toast and showering at the same time.

What do you mean that's not safe? I was just trying to be helpful, honest!:D:D:D

(just kidding, actually my mother in law is really nice - and lives a 13 hour non-stop flight away!)

Also we're thinking of putting can lights above the vanity, maybe two or three cans. Has anybody here ever done this and how do you like it?

Thanks
Jerry

Jerry,
I don't like overhead lights above the vanity. If I'm shaving or looking in the mirror, the last thing I want is shadows on my face. If you have the lighting for the general bathroom to include a can over the vanity, it's not too bad, kinda nice when you just want to run in and wash your hands or rinse something out. But I would still want a separate light for using the mirror.

Just my :twocents:

Brian

Jerry,
I don't like overhead lights above the vanity. If I'm shaving or looking in the mirror, the last thing I want is shadows on my face. If you have the lighting for the general bathroom to include a can over the vanity, it's not too bad, kinda nice when you just want to run in and wash your hands or rinse something out. But I would still want a separate light for using the mirror.

Just my :twocents:

Brian

Actually we're thinking of the "eye ball" type over the vanity so we can direct the light towards the mirror.

Talked to an electrician at work today and he looked up the code in the NEC and I'm able to put one in the shower but he recommended I put it on a GFI.