Friday's here

Church on Sunday, but the rest of the weekend is FIREPLACE!! Settled the last few design issues and bought the tile for the surround and slate for the hearth. Gotta hurry - there is a kitchen in my living room.

I need to knock out a quick utility shelf unit for LOML's office closet. I also hope to get the hinges mounted on my 'box swap' box.

Tonight I'm removing all the cabinet doors and getting them ready for paint. Need to go to my sister's to pickup my Dad's RAS and old TS. I'm getting the RAS, my nephew is getting the TS. My BIL also has a 9' garage door for me, which will be replacing the large side door on my shop this spring. It should give me about 7' of extra shop space. Also want to get to the range this weekend, had an itch to do some plinkin.

Playing single dad this weekend as LOML is heading out for a much needed girls weekend tomorrow morning. So if its nice out, I'll be playing in the park and taking the dog for walks...if it rains (as forcasted :() I'll be watching movies and palying games all weekend. I do hope to get a little shop time in tonight though. :thumb:

Second weekend in a row with no babysitting or a house full of kids and grandkids :woohoo::woohoo:
We always have a family Sunday dinner so I'm sure a few will happen to drop by to join in but other than that, shop time and brush the dog. He is leaving shedding hair everywhere.

Got a Boy Scout leader stopping by tonight to pick up a little 3 wheel bandsaw and 1/2 doz. blades I'm giving them for their Pinewood Derby Project. They're happy to get it and I'm glad to let them have it. Tomorrow we head west to Grand Island to look at the Sandhill cranes that are migrating back north, tens of thousands of them come through here every spring. Quite a sight and extremely noisy. Also an occasional whooping crane is spotted in the bunch. If you google Nebraska crane migration you'll get a bunch of info on that. Part of Sunday will be shop time.

I'm spending the weekend learning the in's and out's of the new I Mac that we got yesterday. Looks like the beginning of a love affair. So far so good I really like what I am seeing.:thumb:
Chuck

oh, its friday?

This retirement stuff is beginning to bug me.

I like the freedom to go as I please and not be obligated anywhere, but since everyone Im friendly with, works during the day, my social life isnt that much all different from when I worked.

Im just free all day long, and today, with it being 65 degrees, I had to keep myself from starting my new project since IM already a month ahead of my planned yearly projects.

I cleaned and cleaned today, and found one nice treasure. I found a set of push/pull handles from an old store that was renovated in the 50s or 60s.
Its heavy aluminum handles around 16 inches long and 2.5 inches wide that have push or pull on the handles.
Im going to clean them up and havent decided what Im going to use them for.

its friday? maybe Ill take the bride out for dinner.

YaHoooooooo I'll be meeting up with Jim tomorrow. I look forward to meeting him.
Work this evening and work tomorrow. I'm making a 3 tear table for a customer with parts from an old table and new tops or flats. I would have had it all together today but I looked in my cabinet and found I had no 3/4" cherry edging type :(
Things are going great. I have Manuel coming in tonight and tomorrow to help get some of this work out of here.
Got to start thinking about farm work down in Va. Fields need to be tilled and planted and were planning a buck skinners rendezvous. this year so I'll be working on the invitation list this weekend also.