Uncle's Bike

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Got to see my uncle on my trip to AZ this past week. He just finished building a custom motorcycle. It's running a 48' Pan-head. A friend of his did the gold leaf. It's going to be in one of the upcoming American Iron magazines.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20110213_123550.jpg
    IMG_20110213_123550.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20110213_123604.jpg
    IMG_20110213_123604.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20110213_123614.jpg
    IMG_20110213_123614.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20110213_123648.jpg
    IMG_20110213_123648.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 94
I've never liked Harleys, they are just not my thing, spent way too many hours trying to get buddies bikes running again at the side of the road.

That being said, if I ever were to have a Harley, that is the kind of Harley I'd gravitate towards:thumb:

One sweet ride :headbang:

I know nothing about bikes, I don't want a bike, I'm not disrepecting any bike riders... but one thing I've heard about Harleys... they all leak oil, or if they aren't leaking oil, they will.:D:D

On a nice summer day here in Tellico Plains, we can have several hundred bikers in town riding the Cherohala or the Dragon's Tail.... some of the old timers probably hate it, but most of the business in town LOVE bikers.... most
are retiree's, but there are a few youngsters on their crotch rockets... they're usually the ones that miss the curve and are discovered 200 feet below the roadway... the old timers have enough sense to keep it between the lines.

When I'm named king, I'll institute maximum decibel ratings for all vehicles. That'll knock most of those annoyingly loud things off the road. :whistling:
Then the lynch mob of Harley owners will knock down my door. :chair:

Thats a nice looking bike. Personally I think the tank is to fat but to each their own. Still a nice bike. I used to ride a crotch rocket as someone else put it and loved it. Did a lot of track time with it in a "controlled environment". Heres a pic of a not so controlled environment. Always wanted to ride the Dragons Tail too:thumb:
IMG_5563.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5563.jpg
    IMG_5563.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 11
Not a Harley guy either, but I am a craftsman and that is a beautiful work of art. Hate to see what those handlebars would do to my private parts on a highside though....:(

I've done the Dragonstail a couple of times, once with a supercharged Miata and once with my wifes Mazdaspeed 3, but both times it was offseason and after midnight. I only passed four cars on one run, and at night you can see the lights and slow down. Best road in the USA that I have found. Always wanted to do it on a pantyrocket. Maybe some day....:D

When I'm named king, I'll institute maximum decibel ratings for all vehicles. That'll knock most of those annoyingly loud things off the road. :whistling:
Then the lynch mob of Harley owners will knock down my door. :chair:

I agree wholeheartedly! I rode competitively off road, and one thing our group would not tolerate was loud exaust. You were not allowed to ride with us with anything that did not meet the 96db requirement. There is technology today that will give you more power with less noise. Even in our off road race truck we had to meet noise levels for many tracks which is tough with 7-800 hp.

I am moving out in the country in the next year, and one of the things I am excited about is that it is a dirt road, which means no Harleys.:thumb:I currently live on a corner that is the back way away from the bars in town, so at 2:30 every weekend I am woke up by a bunch of obnoxious overgrown lawnmower engines with straightpipes! Get a clue guys. Pissing people off is not a way to make friends.