Laptop for Sketchup

That actually looks pretty cool. I never really liked trackballs that you had to use with your finger tips...

Hmmm...

26-104-407-TS

Are you going to get one? If so, you'll likely have to screw around for a bit to try to get the CMB mapped for orbit/pan. (I am assuming it has a CMB) I think it would be difficult to operate the CMB and ball at the same time.

Where did you find that one Brent ??????????

Over on Newegg.

Are you going to get one? If so, you'll likely have to screw around for a bit to try to get the CMB mapped for orbit/pan. (I am assuming it has a CMB) I think it would be difficult to operate the CMB and ball at the same time.

Actually, now that I think about it, I might have something like that in my vast collection of computer gizmos and Hardware.

I'll go take a look.

Nope, just a regular center trackball. Not worth even trying...

oh come on now brent, i have a regular center trackball, and it works just fine. matter of fact, at the place i used to work, the mice were so bad, i replaced them with trackballs, and it was so funny when people wondered why my mice didn't work. even there, i got things done faster than with a mouse... :D

oh come on now brent, i have a regular center trackball, and it works just fine. matter of fact, at the place i used to work, the mice were so bad, i replaced them with trackballs, and it was so funny when people wondered why my mice didn't work. even there, i got things done faster than with a mouse... :D

Just meant from a CMB perspective for SU. I use the CMB in SU a lot.

I used the trackball on an old pc I used to keep in the garage. If I can get back to my Shop Reorg, I might just put a pc out there and use the ole trackball again!

Hi Larry,

So did you ever sort out your laptop and get one? what did you end up with?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Nope! Still waiting for that back pay check that was guaranteed first of last month. Had a really bad month anyway. Spent most days on the couch watching TV. Sure could have used the laptop. I was able to get out one day and do a little window shopping, that's as far as I got.
Oh well, maybe next month? Thanks Dave.

There are a whole series of specialty products for the road warriors in the mouse field. Take a look at "finger" or "thumb" mouse.

I worked with a guy that bought one for his netbook and loved it. It would lake some time to get good enough for cad work with one. Some have a CMW but not all and they tend to not be well advertised...

Garry

I haven't tried any of those heat dissipation things but I'm sure they'd help. I think I'd probably use something like this:

41PA81Y6k8L._SS400_.jpg

As far as keeping it simple, an inexpensive mouse will be the ticket. Find one that is comfortable to use and you should be good. That will help to make SketchUp easier to use.

I just have a 1/4" piece of paneling with 2 3/4" sticks on it to raise the laptop up to keep it cool works great & it's inexpensive (read cheap).

Welcome Larry!

Welcome to the forum Larry! It is always good to have additions to the family.

Although I can't add any expert advice to your question, I think it is truly amazing the experts we have here. This is why I came on board. Haven't regretted it yet!!:thumb: