Thinking about a pin nailer

Brian.....I am using 3 different Bostitch air nailers and have never had an issue with any of them......explain the double trigger though....a little confused about that. all 3 of mine the end has to be recessed on the workpiece, then pull the trigger.

Thanks

Dom,

It has two triggers, one as a regular trigger, the other as the safety to allow the first trigger to work. As you see in my pic, as soon as you grip the handle you automatically pull the first trigger. This allows you to then pull the firing trigger to shoot a nail. This way there is no nose to depress. Pull in safety trigger, pull main trigger and it shoots regardless if nose is anywhere near wood!:D (shot a pin or two across the shop not paying attention.:D)

Brian

I had an older no name model pin nailer that someone borrowed and didn't return. I bought an HF for $15.00 on sale. Works great. No problems at all with it. If you find that your brad or pin nailer leaves a mark, just shoot through a small piece of cardboard like a business card. No marks.

Dom, if the HF store near you doesn't have any in stock let me know. The new HF store near me has them in stock. I'd be happy to pick one up and send it to you.

Last edited:
If you get the HF, it doesn't have a double trigger. Just one, with a pivoting piece of metal that acts as a safety and prevents the nailer from firing.

I had an older no name model pin nailer that someone borrowed and didn't return. I bought an HF for $15.00 on sale. Works great. No problems at all with it. If you find that your brad or pin nailer leaves a mark, just shoot through a small piece of cardboard like a business card. No marks.

Dom, if the HF store near you doesn't have any in stock let me know. The new HF store near me has them in stock. I'd be happy to pick one up and send it to you.

Thanks for the offer Bob...very kind of you. I think I am going to do some more research first though. Looks like it might be between the HF, Senco, And the Bostitch from what all of you kind folks have been saying.

Thanks to everyone

Bob
Are these electric or pneumatic? The one on the web site seems to be electric..

Thanks
Garry

I used to use all Senco guns until the last ones I had gave nothing but trouble and the new part in them didnt help. Then they went Bankrupted. I started using the PC and haven't had a problem and they cost way less. Anytime I replace a gun I go PC. :thumb::thumb:

Just sayn :D:D