Friday again!

Painting cabinet doors and a trash pull-out tonight and tomorrow. Picking up some studs to start framing walls in the shop Saturday (weather permitting). Sunday helping some friends with installation of a set of french doors.

drove into the big city this morning, had to go to the DOB, scary thought at first, but there was zero traffic, dob was pretty much empty, we left at 10:15 got home by 12:20,(500 dollars lighter) incredible timing, almost unthinkable on a friday with heavy rain.

still breaks my heart everytime Im on the brooklyn side and look at the skyline down at the tip of manhattan and theres no world trade center.
Theres a clipper ship docked at the seaport if you look closely across the river.

yes, I take pictures on my cell phone of everything.

Attachments

• city.JPG
    city.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 27
  • dob.JPG
    dob.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Throwing a coat of wax on the box-swap box and putting in the trim over at LOML's house following her recent painting efforts.

Scheduled to do some lathe mentoring Saturday, but that may be postponed by weather. Apparently the friend coming over doesn't want to drive the two hour round trip into town if there's snow on the ground. (Snow level is predicted to drop to 1000 feet...our house is a bit above that, and there's a higher mountain pass between her house and mine.) If that falls through, I'll still be in the shop doing stuff, I'd imagine. Might even get started on a box or somethin'. :D

Well got plans to start a box or two...

I got some box plans on the Interwebs, but I'm still having trouble with the frame...

attachment.php

Attachments

• escher box frame.jpg
    escher box frame.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 42
Starting on a pair of bookcases for a friend. Yep, doc says it's go time.

Way to go Steve! :thumb: I'm finally at the point My shoulder doesn't hurt anymore after my 'accident' last year. :rolleyes:

As for me, I've been shirking my duties on the ole 'RPM Challenge' with my buddies and I need to see if I can still make some noise on the stringed instruments. In fact, I have a whole song I need to do this weekend...

Good thing it's more about quantity of noise than quality...

Hey i think i could of done that frame, back in the 70's.:rofl::rofl:

thats funny man.

speaking about fridays, I was driving back from the DOB in manhattan yesterday and was getting close to the exit for Moscowitz's place, and I blurted out to my wife, hey, wanna buy me a birthday present? She said only if she has too, ok, lets go. I was about to get off at 38th st when I looked at my watch and realized its 12:05, and in his building, the elevator goes out to lunch.
And those 5 flights are more like 8 flights, and there was no way I was in the mood to walk up all those stairs.
Close though, almost went, I needed to ask him about planing down by hand a 26 inch wide board of mahogany, and didnt know what type of plane I might need.