Accept Credit card with your cell phone.

I signed up with Square after my last show, so I have it, but haven't really put it to the test yet. I've done a few test charges using my own credit cards. It works, but it takes a bit of practice to get the hang of using the card reader.

It's more than reasonable though...it beats the rates I was paying ProPay by quite a bit. :thumb: Best pricing deal I've seen for small vendors yet, by far.

Currently KaLea is less than impressed with the device.
1 She can't down load the app to her Motorola backflip.
2 She has been waiting for almost a week for there customer service to get back to her on why it wont load.

Currently KaLea is less than impressed with the device.
1 She can't down load the app to her Motorola backflip.
2 She has been waiting for almost a week for there customer service to get back to her on why it wont load.

I've been wanting to upgrade to an android phone.. Let us know if she ever gets it working.

Brent She said to check the page for the other phones you can get. She also would not recommend the backflip because it's not stable.

...She also would not recommend the backflip because it's not stable.

So perhaps the problem she's having with the Square installation is not a Square problem? Still, I agree their service should be more prompt. I've read other things about how they seem to be having some growing pains, since the idea of low-cost card processing seems to be pretty popular.

Unrelated to the phone issue, but I thought I'd also mention that Square was founded by Jack Dorsey, the guy who started Twitter. His aim is to create the PayPal of the Craigslist/craft show world.

weird looking thing... a cardswipe that plugs into the headphone jack? :huh::dunno:

We're all going to chip cards around here, though. Aren't you folks south of the border doing that?

weird looking thing... a cardswipe that plugs into the headphone jack? :huh::dunno:...

On the smart phones, it's also a microphone jack, so it's an input device. It's using all four conductors (stereo left and right, plus mic and ground). Apparently those points are addressable with software. I was a bit surprised when I first saw it, too.

And I don't know why the US isn't using the chipped cards the way the rest of the world seems to be. I've seen some debate about it on the Interwebs, but don't know the real reasons behind it.

KaLea still has not heard back from customer support. But she did some digging and found the problem on her own. Her backflip was running on the 1.5 version and the card reader needs the 1.6 version. There is no 1.6 version for the backflip phone so she found and updated to the 2.1 version.
Now she has the app to run the reader all that is left is to see if it works.:doh:

Please do me a favor and don't encourage Brent to get a new cell phone. He has a perfectly good one (a smart phone no less). What is with it folks who can't live without the latest and greatest?

My cell on the other hand is 5 years old and on it's dying bed. Guess I should stop by the Costco booth this week. :dunno::dunno::huh:

Please do me a favor and don't encourage Brent to get a new cell phone. He has a perfectly good one (a smart phone no less). What is with it folks who can't live without the latest and greatest?

My cell on the other hand is 5 years old and on it's dying bed. Guess I should stop by the Costco booth this week. :dunno::dunno::huh:

Oh no problem...

Brent you need to live with your stone age devices, having the latest and greatest is really over rated. Why would you want a thin, sleek, fast responding device that can do just about anything you can think of...stay away...nothing to see here.

Does that help? :D

Ahem, She already has 2 cell phones that she barely knows how to use...

The buttons have worn off the screen on mine!