Shattered, Shattered, Shadoobie

Curt Fuller

This hollowform ain't nothing to write home about but I thought the wood was kind of cool. It's English Walnut from a small crotch with three piths spaced almost perfectly around it. English Walnut has a lot of of sapwood so you have to get a pretty good sized piece to get into much of the dark heartwood. This wood wasn't very big so it's mostly the cream colored sapwood. I cut it a few years ago and didn't take care of it so it cracked pretty bad. I filled the cracks with some black permatex epoxy mixed with some key machine shavings. It's supposed to be a southwest style form, not sure if I got that or not. But the cracks made me think of the Rolling Stones lyrics for a name. Hollowed with the Nyvall super hollower using some carbide cutters I got for it. 8" x 4", 3 coats of AO and Beall buffed.

Attachments

• E Walnut SW HF 1.jpg
    E Walnut SW HF 1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 46
  • E Walnut SW HF 2.jpg
    E Walnut SW HF 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 39
  • E Walnut SW HF 3.jpg
    E Walnut SW HF 3.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 38
  • E Walnut SW HF 4.jpg
    E Walnut SW HF 4.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 55
Nuthin ta write home about by butt :( I would not only write home about it,but to anyone else I could think of :D Those cracks really make it stand out,love it. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

"This hollowform ain't nothing to write home about":eek::huh:

Curt just my view but you dont need to be telling youself this in my view. You got everything to write home about.

I think this is a really nice piece. I dont know if you have seen the semi precious stone "Tigers Eye"

Was a very popular stone at one time back in my part of the world.

Well this reminded me exactly of it except in wood and its a beauty of a stone in fashion or not same as your piece. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ha!!! you ol' rocker! Very nice job of keeping this one together Curt:thumb: I'm not sure about the ring below the mouth...think the wood stands on it's own here and the form sure speaks well :D:D

Great work as usual, Curt. :thumb:

Must be cracked wood season. Seems like every piece I'm turned lately has had cracks to deal with, too.