HF 2 hp Dust collector

Garry Foster

Just a fyi..
I don't remember what we usually pay for this but there is a coupon in March "Wood" magazine for 139.00.

I think that is less than I paid on sale with another 20 percent off coupon. Now you can't add the 20 percent off anymore but 139.00 is a pretty decent price if you want one.

It is item 97869... On sale on the WEB for 189.00 so the 139.00 coupon is decent..

Coupon good till 5/19/11..

Garry

Last edited:
I've been using one for about 4 or 5 years, maybe longer. The bags on it are not great at holding the fine dust so I added a canister filter to it. To works great. I have not had trouble (so far) with the switch, but have read about it being a weak point. It is definitely worth the sell price.

I've had one for about 3 or 4 years. I replaced the filter bags with a canister filter from Day 1. My switch is always in the On position (I use a remote like Steve does), but my switch still died. Easy enough fix, though. I simply replaced it with a 120v toggle switch from Radio Shack.

While it's no 5 hp cyclone, I think the Harbor Freight "2 hp" (closer to 1 1/2, actually) dust collector is some of the best bang for the buck I've gotten in the way of shop tools. That sale price is hard to beat, even if you add the cost of a Wynn filter to it.